• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found the source of my bottom side noise.

1967coronet

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
End of summer my old 67 developed a vibration type noise or buzz without any felt vibration.
I had it on our hoist a few times trying to track it down , car running ect.
All hangers are rubber and good, checked for any places exhaust would or could be touching body , springs , tank.
Walking under the car for the heck of it I slapped both flowmaster 40s lol right side has a piece loose inside rattling around.
Mufflers are several years old but no external rust. Thought I would share because tracking down a ( noise ) can be frustrating.

I hate it when that stuff happens. Glad you were able to find it before it drove you too crazy.

Yep, My Flowmasters did the same. Broken internal welds. No more Flowmasters for me.
Never did care for their sound.

Or a Z E R K.
captain obvious giphy.gif

I need to pick a set of mufflers now.
I like the flowmaster 40 sound .
I have triY headers and 2 1/2 " pipe all the way to the bumper.
Ready to try a different brand though , still want to stay with a loud sounding set.
Borla, Dyno Max ?

I've had flowmaster baffles fail twice.
On advice of my exhaust shop I went with cheapo summit racing knockoffs. So far I'm happy.

Auto Transport Service
Back