• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frame connectors, which ones?

dartforforty

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
8:47 PM
Reaction score
Researching for my next project. Which frame connectors to use on the early B's and who has the best deal.

A preview of the power plant(in storage for now)

HPIM0869-1.jpg

No I am not going to put the Hemi in My Belvedere.
I am looking for a 62-65 sedan race car or pro street.

I'm planning on making my own out of 2x2x1/8" box tubing and tying it into the floor. I've checked out a couple of other early B-bodies with this set-up and it looks tight.

I see them on ebay for 62 b's for around 95.00. just punch in 62 dart and it should be on one of those pages.

Mopar Performance made them. You have to watch because a lot of the sub frame connectors out there you will have to channel the floor.

Now it's been 5 years but mine came from Mancini. 65 Belvedere no floor work was needed.They were bolt-ins but I welded them in. Cost was under $200. I would call and ask.

Auto Rust Technicians is where I got mine, and also the front & rear torque boxes.

Got mine back in '98 from Mancini bolt ins that I welded in.Probanly same as Darter6.Talk to Len @Mancini he had a 63 Fury helped me alot back then.

I'd really like to use the type that are contoured to the floor pan but they only make them for '66-up B-bodies. Too bad, I'm sure that if they made them they'd sell quite a bunch of 'em. If they're not being produced by the time I'm ready (spring '11) I'm just going to say screw it and fab my own out of square tube.

I made my own; 2" sq tubing, 3/8 thickness, flush mount to the crossmember, and cut it to fit onto the lead edge of the rear frame assy.

Was always told that the connectors had to go through the floor to properly be connected to the rear frame rails. I got mine from Rick hamarick. Found them listed on a 62-65 parts source website.$165 very nice piece

I made mine from 2'X2"X1/8" square tubing. Touches the floor in a couple of places which you can weld to. I didn't want to cut the floor for the 2X3 tubing, but after doing a dart with the bigger tubing, I wish that I would have. The Dart is mucho stiffer than the Coronet.

I made my own; 2" sq tubing, 3/8 thickness, flush mount to the crossmember, and cut it to fit onto the lead edge of the rear frame assy.
3/8" wall thickness?? I made mine from 2x2x1/8. I have my floors out and will just cut them to weld against the connectors....not hard and much cheaper.

I bought a pair from Paul Hamaday as well. Real nice guy to deal with and a quality part. Here are a couple pics installed..

you can see where the come through the floor pan:
001DesktopResolution.jpg

And a dirty underbelly shot:
015DesktopResolution.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back