• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

free vin check.

69coronets

Local time
5:58 AM
Reaction score
does anyone known a site for a free vin check to make sure a car is safe to buy.

Never saw any CarFax type services that are free. I assume that's what you mean.

any vin sites like carfax only go back so many years. Unless things have changed. Your local Pd or state police should run your vin and see if anything comes up. Free.

any vin sites like carfax only go back so many years. Unless things have changed. Your local Pd or state police should run your vin and see if anything comes up. Free.
i was able to check on a free site it said it could not find the vin does that mean it would be good or not.

i was able to check on a free site it said it could not find the vin does that man it would be good or not.

Officers normally have to have a valid reason to use the Lien-system, these days. We did.

How bout your DMV? A hassle I'm sure, but it will be accurate.... heck my auto insurance company couldn't even bring up the VIN for my 68 because it's too old...

You cannot get a Carfax for anything older than 1981. That's when they started the 17 digit VIN.

Auto Transport Service
Back