• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Freiburger - Hemi in Racing

To hear the word Hemi used so many times in making history is truly an honor to all of us who are true to the Chrysler Pentastar!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Cool vid!! But one thing that I learned years ago was the A100 was built up for the drags to showcase Dodge's new 'compact' pickup and get it some air time (no pun intended.....oh heck, yes it was :D) and the wheelie came as a surprise. So someone said that the wheel stands would get it more attention so there it was. Anyone else have info on this?

This is a VERY cool old ad, they should update it for todays date!!!
22894029_10154956057152918_3592449190756883510_n.jpg

Cool vid!! But one thing that I learned years ago was the A100 was built up for the drags to showcase Dodge's new 'compact' pickup and get it some air time (no pun intended.....oh heck, yes it was :D) and the wheelie came as a surprise. So someone said that the wheel stands would get it more attention so there it was. Anyone else have info on this?
You're right, it was setup for the quarter mile, till they couldn't keep the front end down. At that point they did what it did best, ride a wheelie as far as it could. It did run a pretty good quarter mile, when it wasn't trying to kill the driver. It's a great piece of history and in the end it did get a ton of attention, one way or the other.

April 1964 Hot Rod cover

64 Chrysler 426ci Hemi Hot Rod Article #1 cover.jpg

64 Chrysler 426ci Hemi Hot Rod Article #2.jpg

64 Chrysler 426ci Hemi Hot Rod Article #3.jpg

64 Chrysler 426ci Hemi Hot Rod Article #4.jpg

64 Chrysler 426ci Hemi Hot Rod Article #5.jpg

64 Chrysler 426ci Hemi Hot Rod Article #6.jpg

64 Chrysler 426ci Hemi Advert #1.jpg

Missing link
my screen saver
68 Roadrunner Advert. #1 Missing Link.jpg

You're right, it was setup for the quarter mile, till they couldn't keep the front end down. At that point they did what it did best, ride a wheelie as far as it could. It did run a pretty good quarter mile, when it wasn't trying to kill the driver. It's a great piece of history and in the end it did get a ton of attention, one way or the other.
I heard or saw a similar story about the original Hemi Under Glass. Built as a competitive racer, but was more successful as a wheelstander. I remember my Father-in-law had old Hot Rod magazines and one had the H U G on the cover with all 4 wheels off the ground.

Auto Transport Service
Back