• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inspired in Texas

HillsBilly

Local time
6:22 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I became interested in cars as a teen…best buddies were MOPAR gearheads. Inexplicably, my first classic was a white, ’41 Ford, 2-dr Club Coupe dubbed the Polar Bear. Its FoMoCo manual tranny was no match for the 327 Chevy motor the previous owner swapped in. Pulled and reinstalled the mixer 7 times before I came to my senses and unloaded that tank. Fast forward 50 years to retirement and the only thing on my bucket list has been to acquire a “Roadkill” class project (Freiburger and Dulcich make it look so easy). A 3 to 4-hour-a-day search over the last nine months brought me to my $en$e$. Found the budget-friendly beauty pictured below – a well-preserved, low mileage “Survivor” of a ’67 Belvedere II with a 383HP, Torqueflite 727, and an 8-3/4 rear.

I’m excited about this forum and hope to learn lots from the savvy MOPAR member community.

PS: The seller told me those are '69 Camaro marker lights on the fenders. Yeah, who in their right mind would do a thing like that? Probably someone similar in thought to run a Chevy motor in a Ford.

PHOTO.4.jpg

Welcome to FBBO from NY.
Nice 2-door :thumbsup:

Great score! Welcome from the former home state of your new neighbors.

IMG_4147.jpeg

Welcome from Southern NJ
Change them markers TX!! :lol: You can find em here!!
Nice ride, looks great, now get our there and wear them tires out, burn-outs optional but encouraged.

Welcome, nice 67

Hi everyone. I became interested in cars as a teen…best buddies were MOPAR gearheads. Inexplicably, my first classic was a white, ’41 Ford, 2-dr Club Coupe dubbed the Polar Bear. Its FoMoCo manual tranny was no match for the 327 Chevy motor the previous owner swapped in. Pulled and reinstalled the mixer 7 times before I came to my senses and unloaded that tank. Fast forward 50 years to retirement and the only thing on my bucket list has been to acquire a “Roadkill” class project (Freiburger and Dulcich make it look so easy). A 3 to 4-hour-a-day search over the last nine months brought me to my $en$e$. Found the budget-friendly beauty pictured below – a well-preserved, low mileage “Survivor” of a ’67 Belvedere II with a 383HP, Torqueflite 727, and an 8-3/4 rear.

I’m excited about this forum and hope to learn lots from the savvy MOPAR member community.

PS: The seller told me those are '69 Camaro marker lights on the fenders. Yeah, who in their right mind would do a thing like that? Probably someone similar in thought to run a Chevy motor in a Ford.

View attachment 1576414
Welcome to the site!! I installed 1968 Mopar marker lights on my 66 Belvedere but put them down low below the belt line.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. That is a great looking '67 Belvedere you have bought. I personally really like the 1966-1967 B-body styling, as the owner of a 1967 R/T. Putting side marker lights on a car not so equipped (pre-1968) was a fad. Lots of people used the subtle 1968 Mopar "bulls eye" lights.

Nice Ride

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome from Alabama, I like your 66, same color as my 66 Satellite.
20190615_111506.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back