• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

French Mopar lover

Fross

Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
Hi forum, excuse me for my poor english. :rolleyes:
I'm 54yo. I'm french, I live in France but I plan to soon move to Louisiana, USA. I've always been a Mopar lover and some years ago I owned a 1970 340 Barracuda. This kind of car is very rare in Europe and I've been lucky to own such a Mopar muscle car. I also owned other US cars : a '70 350 Camaro, A '99 LS1 Camaro, two YJ Jeep Wranglers, a 4.7L V8 Grand Cherokee . Of course, when I'll be definitely in USA, I will realize an old dream : being the owner of a Plymouth B-body. I want to find a 71 or 72 Satellite Sebring because I really love fuselage bodies and loop bumpers. Maybe the forum will be helpful for me... :)
Francois

Welcome to FBBO. Good luck with your immigration and search for a solid b body.

welcome

Welcome o the site! I'm sure this forum can help!

Welcome & do it soon, we're not getting any younger!

Welcome from Minnesota, I got a loop bumper on my 71 GTX! lol

Hello François. Welcome to FBBO.
:welcome:

Thank you all for your warm welcome. :)

Are correct 71-72 Plymouth B-bodies still easily findable, and for a decent price?
With a $10.000/$15.000 budget, an ad like this one would be perfect for me :
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...ymouth-satellite-sebring-sale-pending.131181/

I won't been looking for a totally restored GTX or RR, but for a 71 or 72 satellite, solid with no rust, no major damage, running/braking
No need to be all # match and a paint job or an upholstery to restore could be ok depending of the sale price.

Francois

Welcome aboard. Make sure not to move too close to the coast (Hurricanes, floods etc...)

Welcome aboard. Make sure not to move too close to the coast (Hurricanes, floods etc...)

I move to Louisiana because I've a very good friend there. A french guy like me, but living there for more than 25 years, and we are native of the same town.
He's a french teacher in a parish near New Orleans.
And the Cajun area is the only place in USA where I have a chance to encounter somebody speaking french... My written english is an abomination, but my spoken english is even worse. I will need a long time to improve this. :p

Francois

Bonjour Francois. My French is much worse than your English. Good luck with your search and the move to Louisiana.

Bonjour mon ami! Good luck with your search. With your price range you should be able to find a pretty nice 71 or 72 Satellite Sebring Plus. Are you trying to buy before you move to the states, or once you are here? Also, do not worry about your written English, half of us guys on here can't write in English very well either! And is often pointed out. :lol:

Bonjour. Comment-allez vous ? Je m'appelle Robert. That's all the French I remember from high school eons ago. Il n'ya pas de quoi.

Bonjour Francois
Welcome to the Forum and Welcome to the United States.
You will do fine here.
Your English is much better than 50% of the immigrants already here. The fact that you are willing to improve it bodes well.
The women will adore your accent.

What part of France do you reside?

:thankyou: all for your encouragements.

@Paul Boucher : I look at internet ads, but I think that I will wait to be there to buy.
@Beecool : I'm from southwest of France, a small city 45 miles east of Toulouse. I'm pleased in advance that the women will adore my accent :D
@WileERobby : Bonjour Robert. Good french... no mistake :thumbsup:

Francois

Last edited:
Welcome to FBBO, from Vermont where many people also speak French! umm...not me though...lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back