• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fresh Air Intake for Dual Snorkle 70 RR ??

Vermont Rock

Reaction score
Gets pretty hot under that hood. Has anyone designed or installed any sort of fresh air intake that would work on a 70 Roadrunner dual snorkel air cleaner ? I don't want to remove the high beam headlights & hope one of you has found a solution. Thanks, Rocket

Please don't laugh because it's a slant six but I did this years ago and yes it helped A LOT.Had to cut a 3'' hole in the rad support to run the tubing up to the grille.It was on a 67 Dart but you get the idea.You can find other parts such a filter housing(Mine came from a 76 Cordoba) so you can keep your original. Just a thought.

Attachments

• IMG_0434.jpg
    IMG_0434.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 137
Just as an FYI: I have a 70 Road Runner with an Air Grabber. I was on the highway on the way to Carlisle with the Air Grabber closed. Since I have a FI system that reads intake air temperature, I noticed it was reading 121 degrees! Wow! I opened up the Air Grabber and the temperature dropped to 93 degrees. Quite a difference from under the hood.

So bottom line is I agree with finding a cool way to get air - I think it will really make a positive difference...

this is how I got fresh air on the Daytona......

Attachments

• DCP_1178.jpg
    DCP_1178.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 113
Back