• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Front clips that hold the rocker moldings - 68 GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetX'd

Making Life Great Again!
Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have or know where I can get the molding clips for the front of a 68 GTX? There's 2 of them - one for the driver side and one for the passenger side. They hold the rocker moldings on in the front side of the car. All the rest of the clips are plastic and go along the bottom side of the car holding the entire length of the rocker on.

Im looking for the very front clips that are of a different fashion. Anyone parting out a car or have a parts car where they would be available?

Thanks - Kevin

Still looking - anyone have any bright ideas - or the clips I need?
Thx - Kevin

You talking about the wide low panels right? Below door level. The plastic clips purchased from Year One in the late 80's are too soft and allow the rocker to pull away from the body showing a gap. Been so long forgot that the leading clip is other than plastic if 69's are the same.

Yes Dennis - I think we're talking about the same thing. The rockers are anodized chrome panels that run along the bottom of the door line - along the bottom of the car. The lead clip is metal with the rest plastic. It's probably the same on the 69 as on the 68. I think we're talking about the same thing..... Any bright ideas...?

No, this is a close as I got. 69 and full set - if it's the lowers. I'll be watching this thread.

image.jpg

No, this is a close as I got. 69 and full set - if it's the lowers. I'll be watching this thread.

View attachment 297300
Dennis - I'm going to MN where the car is to make arrangements to bring it back to CA at the end of the week. I'll be seeing with my own eyes which clip it it is and post again. Fortunately/Unfortunately I have all of the. But the two front metal clips. If you know where I can get one/two I'd be grateful. Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back