• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Disc brake pad noise

ZDECKICH

Local time
5:07 PM
Reaction score
So my new to me 68 Charger was converted to front disc. Fox most of the issues the previous owner did incorettly, know I’m notice the front brake pad moves around and is super noisy, sounds like my front suspension is going to fall apart. Looks like it’s missing the brake pad clips to hold it in place. Now I have no idea what disc brake kit this is or how to find a pad clip that may fit. Any suggestions to getting this fixed?

No clips necessary. Put a wedge between the rotor and the bottom of the pad and peen the two tabs at the top of the pad so they fit the caliper tightly.

No clips necessary. Put a wedge between the rotor and the bottom of the pad and peen the two tabs at the top of the pad so they fit the caliper tightly.
You wouldn’t happen to have a picture of it do you? Having a brain fart I guess in that wedge from the rotor and pad.

You wouldn’t happen to have a picture of it do you? Having a brain fart I guess in that wedge from the rotor and pad.

I just stick the end of a pry bar in there and give it a couple light taps, so it holds the shoe up tight against the bottom of the caliper.

If it's a material noise, like what I had on my wagon, it was taken care of when I replaced the used car lot special pads that came with the conversion package. I put in some Wagner semi metallic units and problem solved. The ones supplied with the kits are brake pads in name only so the supplier can meet a price point to sell the package. D84 is the pad model type for the slider style caliper like in your photo.

Here it is. Right from the Factory Service Manual.

Attachments

• brake pad tightening procedure.pdf
    605.4 KB · Views: 23
Auto Transport Service
Back