• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Right stuff/RPI front disc conversion & wheel bearings

megaivtes

Local time
5:32 AM
Reaction score
i installed a disc conversion last summer (MDC62DC) with 11" disc on 1967 Satellite.
I'm getting an intermittent grinding noise at left front when applying brakes.
Pulled and checked to see something obvious but only see the pad scraping the outer hub when in freewheel. Nothing out of the ordinary..no deep grooves.
Wheel feels tight but now i'm suspecting wheel bearings.

Question is: not knowing the source of this setup, can i just get inner & outer wheel bearings for 11" disc, like this?
CENTRIC 41091006E C-TEK Front Inner
CENTRIC 41091002E C-TEK Front Outer
1967 PLYMOUTH SATELLITE 5.2L 318cid V8 Wheel Bearing | RockAuto
IMG_20230615_175834.jpg

Looks like the brake pad is rubbing on the rotor hub. Brake pads should have a small tab up top to prevent the pad from dropping too low.

yes, it rubs slightly. Enough to rub the paint off but my opinion is when brake is applied, the pad slides towards front of car...so no pressure at hub.
I think it settles back down when released and rides the hub lightly.

Need a temp gun go drive take temp before and after. Do ÿou have preload on bearing to tight or loose. Pull your dust cover off is the grease still firm or has it been heated up. Is there any metal in the grease.

it was confirmed. Kit is based on 73-76 A-body.
Checking bearings this wknd with new ones on hand.

Update: bearings where good. Disassembled and re-assembled and all seems ok. Noise has disapeared.

So what do think it was? A hair too tight on the wheel nut?
no, nut wasn't too tight. No rocks or stone caught in there grinding. i did find the bearing cap was loose. Noise is gone but I'll keep an eye on it.

no, nut wasn't too tight. No rocks or stone caught in there grinding. i did find the bearing cap was loose. Noise is gone but I'll keep an eye on it.
Thanks for the follow up:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back