• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Nose Plate

oldchevelle541

Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
Greetings All,
We have a Superbird in our family and the question has come up again about front license plates in states that require front and back plates. I am no expert but looking at the nose of the car it would be a real challenge to consider where to mount the plate yet decide how to mount any bracket without drilling, gluing, etc. I am hoping this is a question that has been raised before and we are hoping that an expert on the matter, or something from the manufacturer ....since it was a limited production vehicle or the DMV could produce a letter that could be kept in the car so if an individual was to be pulled over it would be something to show the patrol officer.

ps: as an aside, who produces a good quality floor mat with the factory patterns for this car. We visited a few websites hoping to see an image of what you would be buying and the photo images indicate they do not reflect what you are actually buying.

Thanks

Some states such as NJ MVC require front & back plates on all cars but.... Antique tagged cars are an exception, they can display only one. Did you check NY MVC and see if they are the same as NJ?

Greetings All,
We have a Superbird in our family and the question has come up again about front license plates in states that require front and back plates. I am no expert but looking at the nose of the car it would be a real challenge to consider where to mount the plate yet decide how to mount any bracket without drilling, gluing, etc. I am hoping this is a question that has been raised before and we are hoping that an expert on the matter, or something from the manufacturer ....since it was a limited production vehicle or the DMV could produce a letter that could be kept in the car so if an individual was to be pulled over it would be something to show the patrol officer.

ps: as an aside, who produces a good quality floor mat with the factory patterns for this car. We visited a few websites hoping to see an image of what you would be buying and the photo images indicate they do not reflect what you are actually buying.

Thanks

Bracket was available.and it was attached with screws,

100_2866.jpg

Thanks, I get different stories from the DMV as it depends who I speak with. The bracket in above photo I believe was to be mounted above the nose tip as I have the instructions are where to drill those two holes - not happening.

Auto Transport Service
Back