• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need to confirm if this good or not

Ray70Chrg

Local time
11:26 PM
Reaction score
rebuilding front suspension on my '70 charger and I'm a 1st timer doing this. Have read countless threads on this, however, can't find a definitive answer on this question. As you see I have pressed out the inner sleeve and the rubber bushing from the lower control arm. The outer sleeve is still in place on the lca and in perfect condition. When I insert the inner sleeve into the rubber bushing that slit on the sleeve closes up and I can insert the pivot shaft easily into the sleeve with minimal amount of movement. Is this normal and acceptable, or do these parts show excessive wear. Thanks, Ray

IMG_20240219_134805706.jpg

I've never done it the way your describing, I've always removed the outer sleeve and purchased a complete lca bushing

Whats wrong with the harder poly bushings? I thought they were supposed to be an improvement?

There was a thread a day or two ago where someone experienced a catastrophic failure using Proforged LCA bushings.

Personally if I was the OP I’d replace the bushings while it’s torn apart that far…

Whats wrong with the harder poly bushings? I thought they were supposed to be an improvement?
They are, but only for a limited Un determent time it appears.
Not sure it's a worthwhile bang for buck performance improvement for the street.

Auto Transport Service
Back