• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front suspension specs

Russtoy

Local time
8:22 AM
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has the specs for a 69 charger, with wide tires, 245/60/15. I had it done 18 years ago, and the guy who did the work has retired. I think he said it had to have a different setting on the camber, then stock. The shop I'm having do it this time doesn't know . Thanks.

I just had my Charger done. Went with 2.5+ caster. 1.0- camber and about 1/16 to 1/8 on the toe.

Are your front tires close in size? I had yo bring it back, and have it adjusted. As they showed wear in just a few miles. I'll let the shop know. Thanks

I’m running the same size front tire on a 8” rim. Here are specs I found online plus the printout from when I had mine set. I have stock control arms.

DAFE0D1F-42A0-4331-BC6C-ACCC1516C950.png BA8BA521-D9D3-4C06-BF4B-3091013C14CC.jpeg A329B0CB-73D4-4956-9897-89CDA42892F9.jpeg

Are your front tires close in size? I had yo bring it back, and have it adjusted. As they showed wear in just a few miles. I'll let the shop know. Thanks
Yes they are. If you had to go back they did something wrong. The print out tells the story.

Depending on what bushings that are in your car and the desired ride height the range of adjustment can vary. Your car can also be made in such a way that adjustments beyond the factory settings may not be possible. I like to see the right and left sides be as close as possible to the same.

Upper control arms are new, all bushings, ball joints are being changed. So it should be pretty much stock.

Upper control arms are new, all bushings, ball joints are being changed. So it should be pretty much stock.
You should be ok. Most of the time to get more positive caster you need the off set upper bushings.

You should be ok. Most of the time to get more positive caster you need the off set upper bushings.
Yep. You’ll run out of positive caster before 2.5 with stock bushings. Go as high as possible keeping the sides the same. I’d keep the rest of the alignment specs same as factory.

Auto Transport Service
Back