• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fuel pump pushrods

Kinda nothing. It doesn’t always work out that people have a good one on hand though so we’re discussing the flaws with replacements that often do fare too well.
To be fair to the non hoarders... it would still be one of the first things that an actual hoarder ,,, might throw out. :(

Y'all sure the 4626 comp is bad? I just pulled mine for maintenance and valve lash check, it's still 3.22" and fully in spec at 5k miles. Barely has a wear mark on it. Solid flat comp cam and quick fuel 110 gph fuel pump. If anybody has a recommendation for a higher flow mechanical pump let me know.

Y'all sure the 4626 comp is bad? I just pulled mine for maintenance and valve lash check, it's still 3.22" and fully in spec at 5k miles. Barely has a wear mark on it. Solid flat comp cam and quick fuel 110 gph fuel pump. If anybody has a recommendation for a higher flow mechanical pump let me know.
If it’s working who are we to complain? Many have had different experiences but why mess with success?

Carter M4862 strip super pump @ 120

Kinda nothing. It doesn’t always work out that people have a good one on hand though so we’re discussing the flaws with replacements that often do fare too well.
OK I will stick with the original Thanks....worse comes to worse I will make my own I guess

A big thank you goes out to Hemirunner. He was kind enough to sell me 4 of his original pump rods. A buddy has already spoken for 1, which leaves me 3. A spare for each of my cars. I should be set for life.

20220107_071915.jpg

A big thank you goes out to Hemirunner. He was kind enough to sell me 4 of his original pump rods. A buddy has already spoken for 1, which leaves me 3. A spare for each of my cars. I should be set for life.

View attachment 1219884
Good deal, i also got a couple coming from him so i can get my 493 back together.

Good deal, i also got a couple coming from him so i can get my 493 back together.
Amazing what makes us old guys happy, huh?

Auto Transport Service
Back