• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel System Questions

How big is your fuel line up to the regulator? Should be at least 1/2". Those cross rams take a lot of tuning.

How big is your fuel line up to the regulator? Should be at least 1/2". Those cross rams take a lot of tuning.
Yes it is 1/2"to regulator then 3/8" to carbs. I do have a single 4bl intake and carb I may try just to get car sorted out. I only have 4 passes on this motor and intake set up. And those passes were very disappointing. I hoping new fuel system and rear end change get me closer.

I’ll offer that I redid my entire fuel delivery system last year. I was sick of issues, so called Aeromotive and asked them for a system that would support 450 cubes down into the low 10’s (I’m not there, but wanted room for growth). I ended up with their 11203 pump, and a billet return style regulator, running -8 line both supply and return. Then -6 from the regulator to the carb. A 100 micron filter pre pump, and 10 micron post pump.

My old system utilized a mechanical pump and was really a mess. I didn’t see much in the way of faster ET’s, but I did see an undeniable increase in consistency that I attribute to the new. delivery system.

I’ll offer that I redid my entire fuel delivery system last year. I was sick of issues, so called Aeromotive and asked them for a system that would support 450 cubes down into the low 10’s (I’m not there, but wanted room for growth). I ended up with their 11203 pump, and a billet return style regulator, running -8 line both supply and return. Then -6 from the regulator to the carb. A 100 micron filter pre pump, and 10 micron post pump.

My old system utilized a mechanical pump and was really a mess. I didn’t see much in the way of faster ET’s, but I did see an undeniable increase in consistency that I attribute to the new. delivery system.
Yes I'm thinking my consistency should be much better

I'm pretty sure consistency improves with the improved fuel system. Mine may be overkill but in this case too much is just right. Lemon's sure looks like a good deal.

Auto Transport Service
Back