• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel tank replacements

mtbase

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:06 PM
Reaction score
I know that I'm not in the "correct" spot for this post, but...

For my latest Dodge project:

I'm looking for a new fuel tank for my "62" Dodge D100 pickup. I believe 61-65...maybe even all the way up to 69, would fit.

The existing tank is rusty, maybe too rusty to save, certainly too rusty to trust. I'd rather put a new in, if there is one available.

Any help is appreciated.

I know that I'm not in the "correct" spot for this post, but...

For my latest Dodge project:

I'm looking for a new fuel tank for my "62" Dodge D100 pickup. I believe 61-65...maybe even all the way up to 69, would fit.

The existing tank is rusty, maybe too rusty to save, certainly too rusty to trust. I'd rather put a new in, if there is one available.

Any help is appreciated.
Maybe check on this site:
http://sweptline.org/

DCM Classics, SRPM, Dodge Powerwagon.
All three deal with older Dodge pickups.
SRPM has part number 14-1586 listed
that may work for your pickup.
You'll need to call them to see if the
powerwagon tank is mounted in the same
location. (pretty sure it is)

Last edited:
And if replacing with a new tank, which is preferred? Galvanized? Stainless? or?

And if replacing with a new tank, which is preferred? Galvanized? Stainless? or?
Often times it's what ever is available. Our old vehicles are babied and any new tank we install will outlast most of us.

Often times it's what ever is available. Our old vehicles are babied and any new tank we install will outlast most of us.
True, but interested in knowing preference and why since I will have to be replacing mine.

a lot of the '72-'93 guys replace the plastic tanks with new '60s Mustang tanks mounted behind the rear end like a Ram Charger tank.

Auto Transport Service
Back