• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 wagon fuel sending unit

ckessel

Local time
2:16 AM
Reaction score
On my new acquisition, 67 Coronet deluxe wagon, looks like the sender needs to be replaced. There is a dead spot at just under 1/2 to a little under 1/4 tank. Was reading ok then I noticed the needle went well past E, stayed there for awhile, came back some then past E and finally stayed normal around 1/8 after I had been driving it home. I see others have recommended Kramers[ out of stock] or Vans. Any other input on a replacement would be appreciated. Including a good gasket. Will reuse my old lock ring.

If there is no break in the coil then I just cleaned it up really good. I used electrical contact cleaner. I also added a ground wire. I drilled a small hole on the side of the lock ring and soldered the the wire there and then to a ground bolt. That was just my experience.

I drove the car around today. Took it to AAA, got the registration squared away and personalized plates ordered, did a couple of other errands, headed home, stopped off to see a friend, went to the post office then home. The gauge acted normal below 1/2 tank. Car was shut off at all my stops, didn't run for more than 20 minutes at a time. Now I'm wondering if the issue from yesterday on the long drive straight home, close to 3 hours, is more of a sign that the cluster voltage regulator is the culprit. Maybe being energized for that long of a time period causes the weird gauge operation to happen. Will have to watch that. Do you dudes know of any already done solid state units being sold in case thats the issue?

Auto Transport Service
Back