• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel, temp, oil press gauge Help

Skatpak

Local time
10:51 AM
Reaction score
Hi all, I really need some help, I need to to know what nichrome wire is used in these gauges.
1. I cant afford to send them out to get repaired.
2. I have very specialized tools to help diag and repair old electro mechanical gauges and equipment.
3. I need the name of a supplier or name to type of wire.
please can someone help with this info?

Did you check the voltage regulator in the fuel gauge.
I don't have the wire info.

Did you check the voltage regulator in the fuel gauge.
I don't have the wire info.
hello, yes, im converting it to the ivr-3 limiter and disabling the points limiter. but my nichrome wire shows signs of being burnt at one time even though my points still work at this time. it is really 2 different systems in 1 gauge. I need to rewrap the 5v side to sending unit bymetal strip side not the points side.

Hi Dan, I have some of that exact wire but it is non insulated, I need insulated wire, otherwise it creates a short to ground.
Yes, and I insulated the same wire with a rubber coating (Grip).

at a buddies shop if he needs to insulate a bare wire he uses heat shrink wrap a couple of times to build up the thickness, a neat little trick that works great.

Yep, that is another trick to avoid the insane cost of some special wiring.

at a buddies shop if he needs to insulate a bare wire he uses heat shrink wrap a couple of times to build up the thickness, a neat little trick that works great.
no kidding, i would not have guessed that. thank you.

Auto Transport Service
Back