• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel type

gaspar sosa

Local time
2:18 AM
Reaction score
Hello, I got my car running and I have a question about what type of fuel to use and since is an old car should I use some kind of additive

It depends on which engine you have and what has been done to it.

Here we have Ezero with no ethanol but it is only 89 octane. I can’t run on that octane level so I use VP 110, lots of octane and lead like God intended.

I run 92 octane pump gas with 10% ethanol (I have no other choice). No problems with it.

Thank you all for the reply, I have a 383 magnum original and I know that lead was used in the 60'.

I use 93 octane 10% ethanol gas. No troubles. I do have hardened valve seats. I’ve also run tens of thousands of miles without hardened valve seats without trouble too. Nothing in the car is modern.

I use 93 octane 10% ethanol gas. No troubles. I do have hardened valve seats. I’ve also run tens of thousands of miles without hardened valve seats without trouble too. Nothing in the car is modern.
Thank you.

Auto Transport Service
Back