• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Funny Car Reunion pics, AWSEOME!! DU DEATH!!

onebadmk8

Local time
2:22 AM
Reaction score
My god that nasty *** storm tookout my modem on Sunday so I just got up on the net last night, sat down and did the pics.

Click here for the Funny Car Reunion Gallery.

fcr7-5.jpg

The blondes cute, but she's no Jungle Pam. Nice pics though.

Back when funny cars,looked more like the street version than today funny cars,

I would always hang out with Jim in the trailer after the races back in the good old IHRA days. It was because of him that I bought my 69 Camaro Funny car back in 1975. I lost interest with the FC's when he died and switched to dragsters.
I still miss that guy.

Back when funny cars,looked more like the street version than today funny cars,

Yeah I HATE the cookie cutter N o H ot R ods A llowed bs too. If there were no paint on the cars they would be unrecognizeable.

I love the Nostalgia events, that's all I go to and shoot.

I would always hang out with Jim in the trailer after the races back in the good old IHRA days. It was because of him that I bought my 69 Camaro Funny car back in 1975. I lost interest with the FC's when he died and switched to dragsters.
I still miss that guy.

Jim was "The Man"

I'm getting old...I meant to say AHRA instead of IHRA.

I enjoyed seeing one of Jim's cars at Garlits' museum a few years ago and now my old Dickie Harrell funnycar has been restored by Dick's daughter, Valerie and Dale Pulde. Can't wait to see it again.

Great shots, love the way those Mopars wrinkle the slicks in the photos, nice job!

Lets raise the level of this thread a bit.

First, some Jungle Pam pics.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233012

Then pages and pages of old drag cars in motion.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228509

You gotta read through this one... the original owner of the car chimes in with some good stories.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244107

I was reading that last thread two weeks ago. Simply amazing. I just can't over the fact that cat remembers all that ****.

I'm getting to be a bit older now, so you young guns will have to forgive me, but drag racing in the 60's and 70's ROCKED! Brand loyality was EVERYTHING and even the Funny Cars still looked close to the muscle cars that everybody was driving to the track! :yes: Yes, the cars are faster today, but they just don't excite me like the cars in the 60's and 70's did.

Richard

Landy67DartIrwindale10-10-67DN-Lahr.JPG

jackwerst ss-ea pit 70 indy_0001.jpg

1- 435-1.jpg

Twig Zeigler 1.jpg

Dick Landy with 67 Coronet RT.jpg

I've hung out with Jack Werst, Jerry Stein, and those guys. Pretty cool folk

Auto Transport Service
Back