• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuse Box Tip

Muskulls

Local time
4:55 AM
Reaction score
I found an incredible tip from Uncle Tony Garage.
He make a point that many times the fuse box clips can and will get oxidized (rust covered) and cause the glass tube fuses to not make good contact.
I'd been chasing an electrical issue for the past month, bought a new fuse box, not OEM, and had to basterdize it to see if I could make it work... and then when I saw Uncle Tony's video I just went and cleaned the fuse clips.

Long story short (too late)

The lights now work, the turn signals work, the hazards, the brake lights... All the damned lights work now.

So passing on to those who may not know, if you have an old Mopar and you're chasing electrical issues, clean the fuse box clips with sand paper rolled into the size of the fuse first and replace the iffy fuses. You just might save yourself a damned headache.

Feeling grateful, but feeling a touch idiotic.

Thank you Uncle Tony's Garage.

The damned lights work now.

I found an incredible tip from Uncle Tony Garage.
He make a point that many times the fuse box clips can and will get oxidized (rust covered) and cause the glass tube fuses to not make good contact.
I'd been chasing an electrical issue for the past month, bought a new fuse box, not OEM, and had to basterdize it to see if I could make it work... and then when I saw Uncle Tony's video I just went and cleaned the fuse clips.

Long story short (too late)

The lights now work, the turn signals work, the hazards, the brake lights... All the damned lights work now.

So passing on to those who may not know, if you have an old Mopar and you're chasing electrical issues, clean the fuse box clips with sand paper rolled into the size of the fuse first and replace the iffy fuses. You just might save yourself a damned headache.

Feeling grateful, but feeling a touch idiotic.

Thank you Uncle Tony's Garage.

The damned lights work now.
Good old fashioned Electrical 101 ....sometimes even the basics are forgotten by people.

Another important step to that fix is to coat the fuse clips and glass fuse ends with dielectric grease. The sand paper has removed the factory coating from the clips so they are going go bad again real soon.

Another important step to that fix is to coat the fuse clips and glass fuse ends with dielectric grease. The sand paper has removed the factory coating from the clips so they are going go bad again real soon.
Yes, I did do that. But very good point.

Good old fashioned Electrical 101 ....sometimes even the basics are forgotten by people.
I work in the controls industry, and was very sure I had covered everything. And then that bit of information dropped and I was at the point of taking a break for a week.
Basics will trip up even the most senior of journeymen.
Live, learn, rinse, repeat.

Auto Transport Service
Back