• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fusible link question for the early cars

gtx6970

Local time
3:25 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know what the difference is between OE part number 2631454 versus 2770412 which per the book is hemi car.

In pics the sure look the same except maybe wire color

2631454 shown ( non hemi ) trying to figure out the difference between the 2 pt numbers

the one on my car ( unknown if its the factory original or not ) both wires are black
But appears the connectors on the 2 are the same

2631454.jpg

Don't have a picture of the 2770412? A 27 number MAY mean for a 67 car but it's a Guess.

Don't have a picture of the 2770412? A 27 number MAY mean for a 67 car but it's a Guess.
Its in my 66 parts book,, and listed as a new pt number for the model year
This is the one on my car. Which is fine. Just thinking might be a good piece to pick up as a spare for the shelf.
Again, I dont not know with 100% certainty if its the original or n8ot
Im not worried about wire color . Just want to be sure if it will safely work due to smaller gauge wire or something

20221229_095612.jpg

As I recall the color had to do with the gauge of the link.

Mine are both Black and putting on my inspector gadget helmet pretty sure I can read 277 in the remnants.
20221229_143736.jpg
20221229_143801.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve got a 16 ga, blue tag one on my 66 too, and I know it’s a replacement. I couldn’t see anything immediately in the 66 Hemi supplement or 67 FSM that describes it. May have to dig further down in the schematic labeling.

What color is the molded tab ?
Yellow.

Note that your positive wire from battery to the starter relay is a replacement, being Red, as it should be Black as we determined a few months ago from survivor cars. I painted my overpriced reproduction that I still need to install..
1966plysathp2pt6 049.jpg

1966plysathp2pt6 062.jpg

Yellow.

Note that your positive wire from battery to the starter relay is a replacement, being Red, as it should be Black as we determined a few months ago from survivor cars. I painted my overpriced reproduction that I still need to install..
View attachment 1394096
View attachment 1394097
My battery cables were nos mopar over the counter pieces from back in the 90s when the car was purchased by previous owner. The neg cable is actually a 1970 piece with the seconday ground lead.

I may change them someday...
Maybe. When i get a spare $350 i have nothing else to spend it on.

My interest in the fuse link is strictly as a spare for the someday i may need it piece. But want to be able feel confident it will work / last when or if i need it to keep the car running

For what its worth you can buy the fuseable link wire and terminate it yourself for a back up. Fuse wire or fuses seen many people keep putting them on without fixing the problem. Shame to burn up a high dollar link.

Classic has one for 66 Hemis and another for non-Hemi 66s but both have blue tags and no mention of wire size. Don’t remember where mine came from but probably Classic.

Auto Transport Service
Back