• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Galen Govier - No more orders

If all the backload was/is getting too much, its prob fair enough to stop more coming in. There no denying GG has added more interest and value to everything Mopar.Ive never had a GG decode, Im happy with what MaMopar supplied with tags and stamps to know what Im buying.
Id think that it would be a great thing for him to set up volumes of Red Books or similar for each model/year. Surely he'd make similar or more outta that without the stress of backloads , he'd be selling decode books to non Mopar guys too?.....or would that be copyright??
...Would you look at a decode paper with GG's autograph as gospel ? Who says they are not forged or 'tweaked' with options.With fender tag and vin repops getting done, Im sure there are repro build sheets out there too? Id be checking ALL the documentation is real, incl GG's.

As a side note, I called "marty" for a Marty Report while I was in the USA last year just after buying a 70 Fastback. I wanted a replacement door/vin decal and ordered his report for the heck of it. He took my OZ address and visa details. His report turned up before I got off the plane 7days later. Now thats service!

later Dave

no more orders

this old man had a run in with him in the early 80s. he told me i couldnt possibly have what i have. 67 hemi gtx conv. one of 17. i was working at the dealer when it arrived. a 63 max-wedge i am almost positive that it is real. either could be put on the street in maybe a week but they are both very rough. i think i am the 5th owner of the conv.

not surprised

This guy sold out along time ago , i saw a 71 6 pk ebody on ebay 2 months ago,its a well known tagged rebodied car for years , i was offered tags yrs ago ,said in ad govier certified ,selling with all the g g paperwork ,, a friend of mine says G G knew it was a tagged car when asked to do inspection ,, friend is used to do buisness with g g said its all about the money now ,dont care if legit car , $$$$$$$$ only.. some 1 said earlier in this thread , There no reason to pay your hard earned cash for info thats all over the net , message boards like this are so valueable to the hobby , i met him once or twice and treated like lowest class person . Probably cause i didnt have hemi and pockets of cash . People do your homework on your cars , chase the numbers , learn about your cars inside and out , ask the questions , There are so many people out here who are so willing to help you .. ok im done , sorry lol

:comp26::uwelcome::uwelcome::book1::icon_winkle::argue::homework::icon_study::rolleyes::mornincoffee::icon_study::homework::computer::lotsocoffee::parts book::icon_study::homework::computer::computer::read::read::sixpack::thinker::computer:

Is that a depiction of GG at work?

sad

Is that a depiction of GG at work?

SAD, FOLLOW THE MONEY TRAIL !!!! HOW T RUE THAT IS.......
SEEMS THE HUNT FOR THE $$$ IS WHAT GAVE HIM HIS BUSINESS AND ARROGANCE!????
GLAD MY CARS ARE ALMOST WORTHLESS SLANT a'S. HE PROBABLY HAS NO INFO ON THOSE!!!!!!!! lol

G G isn't the only 1 out there with production info ( how many came with that option or this option )
I could never figure out why so important to have your car in his registry . his name could actually do more harm then good with his reputation.

Tried a couple times over the years to utilize his services-emails, phone calls never returned. Found what I needed online at no cost. One of my Hemi cars came with GG certification-big deal.
My first car was a 69 Road Runner that my dad purchased new-I still have it. I was attracted to Mopars because of their no nonsense rep and the fact that their engineers spent all the budget on unbeatable engines, tough driveline parts and over the top performance parts.
I find it somewhat humorous watching some folks at shows quacking about date codes and tire nubs when referencing Hemis, Six Packs and Maxies. I understand the need for preservation, but Mopars were always about kicking azz and taking names.

696969 yup you hit the nail on the head :headbang:

not the be all end all

what was it that B T Barnum said-theres an *** for every seat. and I believe W C Fields said ther was a sucker born every minute ?:glasses9:

Bingo... I never put much weight into what he has said, some think he's some kind of god, seems a little biased to me & there's been allegedly quite a few discrepancies over time too IRRC, fallen out of Grace, so to speak recently... I'm not sure if it was allegedly fudging #'s or re-bodies {vin #'s being removed & used} getting his attention &/or his thumbs up, like they were allegedly a 100% real unrestored survivor car, fully documented car etc... I trusted what he said at one time, maybe 20-30 years ago, before all the $$$ got thrown around... Wasn't there a big lawsuit over some high $$$ Barrett Jackson cars, he allegedly certified ??

he and his company were over rated ,they are not like the PHS or the one for FORD

What's the typical fee he charges to verify a car's pedigree?

[video]http://www.gvgovier.com/[/video]

As one of the moderators for a Mopar trader page on FaceBook, I took great secret delight in removing a post and banning him from the group for a rule infraction. :D

It is true that most the info s on the ole inner web. I found out everything about my car researching the fender tag and vin. I was lucky to have googled and found the original owners phone number who ordered the car and the next 2 owners and spoke to them at length. It just takes perseverance and time and a couple of good leads. Screw G.G.

Some of us are not so lucky, my car had no broadcast sheets when I bought it back in the 80's and the body code plate was missing due to a battery explosion that corroded that section of fender out.

So, if Diane was leaving months ago, maybe its not true, I just talked to her 3 weeks ago about seeing if they could find any info on my car from vin and previous owner information. I have not heard anything back yet, and I suspect I never will, so who the hell knows.

[video]http://www.gvgovier.com/[/video]

the site has had that message up for a years now, IIRC... site still works wonder what they're doing now...

- - - Updated - - -

Some of us are not so lucky, my car had no broadcast sheets when I bought it back in the 80's and the body code plate was missing due to a battery explosion that corroded that section of fender out.

So, if Diane was leaving months ago, maybe its not true, I just talked to her 3 weeks ago about seeing if they could find any info on my car from vin and previous owner information. I have not heard anything back yet, and I suspect I never will, so who the hell knows.

Too many people still on a "Backlog", haven't got information yet... Just don't hold your breath, don't send any $$$, go to the site in the link above in snakeyes post #74 & read what it says, says they won't take anymore orders... But he does other MoPar related services... I'd be very weary/cautious... my $0.02 cents

Yep, already been to the site, that's when I called and talked to Diane. She said to send her some information in email, so I did. Yes, very cautious and I will not be sending any funds to anyone unless they can come up with something concrete. She said if they have the information they may be able to find what was on the window sticker when it was sold. So who knows. Like I said, I doubt I will ever hear anything back from them.

Auto Transport Service
Back