• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Galen Govier - No more orders

Two year old thread?
Is he dead by now or something?

I had same experience. Exchanged a few emails with Diane about two weeks ago and then never heard anything from her

I guess I don't see or understand the big deal. There are so many places on the net to decode a fender tag and broadcast sheet.

I guess I don't see or understand the big deal. There are so many places on the net to decode a fender tag and broadcast sheet.

that's basically what we are talking about...he charges big $$$ for basically what we can find or have friends help with on decoding our cars. He was out our way years ago..he's a snob and will not even think about talking to you unless you got a Hemi or multiple carbed car

Did he walk off with some big *** binder of Chrysler/dodge/plymouth production info sometime in the past?

Is that why he is the only one who can issue letters ect.?

that's basically what we are talking about...he charges big $$$ for basically what we can find or have friends help with on decoding our cars. He was out our way years ago..he's a snob and will not even think about talking to you unless you got a Hemi or multiple carbed car

I guess I can make out without him, but you can't knock a guy for charging what the market allows.

Not yet ,but in limbo

The man, ( Galen ), has all the Chrysler official books and info, and there is a place in our hobby for him at whatever price. Just like the people who go to cruise ins or just enter their cars in indoor shows. There is a place for them. There are a lot of people out there that just have negitive comments about everything and those comments should cease or some people will just quit the hobby and we will be up ship creek without a paddle. Be thankfull for what we have , because the Cheevy and Ferd boys don't have it.

The man, ( Galen ), has all the Chrysler official books and info, and there is a place in our hobby for him at whatever price. Just like the people who go to cruise ins or just enter their cars in indoor shows. There is a place for them. There are a lot of people out there that just have negitive comments about everything and those comments should cease or some people will just quit the hobby and we will be up ship creek without a paddle. Be thankfull for what we have , because the Cheevy and Ferd boys don't have it.[/QUOTE

I agree, I've known Galen since the early days of Chryslers at Carlisle just from seeing and talking to him at the shows. Never spent much money with him except on a few of his part number books and he has never inspected any of my cars. When I did see him even when he was busy with someone he would nod to acknowledge that he saw me. I was sitting at a show in Georgia that he was judging and doing a seminar at when he came up behind me and put his hands on my shoulders to ask how I was doing. It had nothing to do with what I've owned or how much I spent on it or with him he was always pleasant to me.

Be thankfull for what we have , because the Cheevy and Ferd boys don't have it.

Sure they do! Ford & GM have Factory archived vehicle information that has been purchased and licensed by selected Companies to provide accurate data on their production facts. GG's information has been accumulated by his own efforts throughout the years. He has never been certified to provide vehicle information in behalf of the Chrysler Corporation.

- - - Updated - - -

The man, ( Galen ), has all the Chrysler official books and info.....

100% False! There are no "official books" from Chrysler that have VIN data on cars built prior to 1972. I guarantee that we have more documented information on Chrysler vehicles (from 1968 to present day) than any other Company that documents these vehicles.

Does anyone know if GG is still taking orders or not? I had similar experience as others, Diane returned a few emails and then became nonresponsive. I was simply trying to find out some information for my car and hoping to have a reproduction fender tag.

[video]http://www.mmcdetroit.com/Datatags/[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

[video]http://www.datatags.com/[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

[video]http://www.trimtags.com/[/video] I`ve posted these before anything else

Does anyone know if GG is still taking orders or not? I had similar experience as others, Diane returned a few emails and then became nonresponsive. I was simply trying to find out some information for my car and hoping to have a reproduction fender tag.

No need to worry, GG isn't the only source of tags on the planet. Some places state that he outsources the work to datatags.com, so start there:

Looks like Snakeyes beat me to the links. :)

From the GG site:

"In 1985 a 1971 hemi cuda convertible was worth from $15-$25,000. In 1999 a 1971 hemi cuda convertible in the same condition is worth from $250-$500,000. In 2003 a 1971 hemi cuda convertible sold for $800,000. In 2005 a 1971 hemi cuda convertible sold for $3,000,000."

Come on! 3 Mil for a Hemi Cuda Convertable??

From the GG site:

"In 1985 a 1971 hemi cuda convertible was worth from $15-$25,000. In 1999 a 1971 hemi cuda convertible in the same condition is worth from $250-$500,000. In 2003 a 1971 hemi cuda convertible sold for $800,000. In 2005 a 1971 hemi cuda convertible sold for $3,000,000."

Come on! 3 Mil for a Hemi Cuda Convertable??

How about 2 million for a Hemi Cuda hard top?
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/01/25/rare-171-plymouth-hemi-cuda-on-sale-for-2-million/

I'm sorry, Galen is out of the office right now....but if you leave your cash and a number, he will respond as soon as possible.

Galen_TV_02_zpsbfe82e2b.jpg

:toothy10:

Lmao, I remember reading his story in his own words about how until like 1988 or something he had no clue about Chrysler products but then got curious and realized that there was a market for information he started learning all he could and is now where he is. Could have been any one of us I suppose but he is smart enough to recognize the value in the info and provide some sort of services for it so hats off to him for that. But not being sanctioned by Chrysler directly makes me think that all you are really paying for is some guys opinion, too me not worth much but hey what do i know i'm a newbie to this anyway.

Auto Transport Service
Back