• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gary Rossington Won't Be Down

I heard something yesterday that resonates in me.

"People are only dead if you fail to remember them out loud. Otherwise they die twice."

Thank you Gary ... for always giving us your best.

Rest in Peace.

I posted this the other day, it's something on the same line of thought.
death-is-the-end-of-a-lifetime-not-the-end-of-a-relationship-quote-1.jpg

Last edited:
He was the sole surviving Skynyrd band member. The plan was that the current incarnation of the band would open for ZZTop this Summer.
That’s right, how could one forget such a good name for a tour, the sharp dress southern man. Man first ZZ Top loses a member, then their buddies they’re planing on touring with suffer a loss.

Yep Lynyrd Skynyrd was a big part of my youth tunes
& later Rossington Collins band, survivors of the org. LS band
both great/best southern rock

RIP Gary,
you & your music were a big part of growing up & cruising

Back in the mid 70's I worked as a roadie for The Southern Cross Band. Bunch of good ol boy's from the south. Best cover band of southern rock I ever heard. Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, Allman Brothers to name a few.
Their keyboard player played back up key boards in the stdio with Skynyrd. Taylor Caldwell great guy

Back in the mid 70's I worked as a roadie for The Southern Cross Band. Bunch of good ol boy's from the south. Best cover band of southern rock I ever heard. Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, Allman Brothers to name a few.
Their keyboard player played back up key boards in the stdio with Skynyrd. Taylor Caldwell great guy
I also have heard of Taylor Caldwell. Fine session man and well know throughout the industry. Thanks for re-kindling my brain bucket for that memory...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

It seem that the rockers are expiring in their '70s or so...with the exception of Willie, Mick and Keith, who are what, 90??? So many of the makers of OUR music are passing.

I can't imagine a "classic rap" station on terrestrial radio. THAT will be the End of the World, musically. Probably one on Sirius XM, but I'm not gonna search.

My parents were of the Big Band era, and were not at all fans of rock. Which is crazy, considering I was a radio DJ for nearly two years before enlisting in the USAF. I like and appreciate Dorsey and Miller, among others, don't get me wrong; just have to be "In The Mood" for that

RIP. Liked their music a lot but man, couldn't go anywhere hardly without hearing Free Bird....

R.I.P. Gary! Ironically, I was just listening to the album "God & Guns" on my way to work tonight. Also, I just watched the documentary on the Skynyrd plane crash on Netflix 3 days ago which was excellent. I have all of their albums as they were one of my favorite bands. This is very sad news. I suddenly feel older than hell and the reality is that we are aging rapidly and coming to the end of one of the greatest ages of music ever! I feel blessed to have been alive during this era of great music, & cars. :(

I also listened to Rossington Collins music after Skynyrd. R.I.P. Gary.

This is a great song - probably their biggest hit.

Yep Lynyrd Skynyrd was a big part of my youth tunes
& later Rossington Collins band, survivors of the org. LS band
both great/best southern rock

RIP Gary,
you & your music were a big part of growing up & cruising
Played this tonight and thought of you, Bart... :thumbsup:

RIP Gary

Played this tonight and thought of you, Bart... :thumbsup:

RIP Gary

I was there...
that was less than a month after I graduated HS, June 77' baby
moved back down the Concord (40-ish miles east of Oakland Coliseum)

but;
I don't remember much:fool:

Whether one like, loved Skynyrd or not they were a huge part of the music scene and our lives growing up! Gary was a huge influence. He wil be sorely missed!

Seems like we’re losing a lot of musicians lately. It sucks!

Rest In Peace Gary!

For the record, I loved Skynyrd!

Auto Transport Service
Back