• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

gas cap

Stubby

Local time
8:31 PM
Reaction score
Hey I have a 66 satellite has anyone come up with a attractive gas cap? maybe one from a 67 cuda flip style..

Original owner had one on my 66 Satellite. Didn't put the trim ring on that I think goes on before the flip part of gas cap. It screwed up the paint on the quarter. Don't know if the ring missing was the problem or is the filler neck that comes out on the side of body is different. Maybe somebody with a 67 GTX will post a picture with an open flip cap.

I can oblige you on that tomorrow, I have the race cap on my GTX. With the trim ring ,mounting bracket, and cap. Yes there are three part to that style cap. I'll post pics tomorrow

Here ya go
Hope it helps

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Looks like filler neck stick out farther. Seeing gasket on flip side, original owner put a wad of rubber to add thickness to seal it. There isn't a cut out to put the locking ears of a 66 gas cap to go on. Answered my question.

Stubby did somebody put one of those silly (MO) chrome gas caps on and not a painted one?

I am looking for an original gas cap for my 67 Belv. Does anyone on this forum have one that they would sell to me?

Auto Transport Service
Back