• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Glock will not be down.

RIP. I respect his creations, but I will never purchase one. I prefer steel and wood instead of Tupperware and keeping my thumbs.
Gaston Glock, inventor of namesake gun, dead at 94
I've owned a few and still have a couple. Yeah, they are not the most accurate but will fire in the worse conditions even after dropping one out of a helicopter. At close range, not sure if there are other semi-autos that will compare to being so dependable.....and hey, after market parts are available for them to make them more accurate. As for everyday carry.....I like them.

I've owned a few and still have a couple. Yeah, they are not the most accurate but will fire in the worse conditions even after dropping one out of a helicopter. At close range, not sure if there are other semi-autos that will compare to being so dependable.....and hey, after market parts are available for them to make them more accurate. As for everyday carry.....I like them.
I prefer 1911. Aftermarket is just as good.
Take cheap RIA and drop Wilson Combat parts in and you'll be amazed.

RIP. I respect his creations, but I will never purchase one. I prefer steel and wood instead of Tupperware and keeping my thumbs.
Gaston Glock, inventor of namesake gun, dead at 94
I have several "polymer wonders" actually - and I acknowledge the originator of the design - but
I'll also never own one. The grip angle on Glocks and I don't get along, simply put.
I much prefer a Walther or Sig.
RIP to the man, though.

I always liked mine (I have just one).. polished the ramps, modified and lightened the trigger and stuck some nice sights on it but the single best mod for my hands was adding an extended mag release.
I also tend to favor my 1911s for tinker-ability and some "others" but my Glock was always a great carrying and shooting pistol. No problems ever.
It's all personal preference IMO. I never understood the "Glock hate" you hear about, but then again some people can mess up anything and it's always easier to blame the equipment...
RIP Mr. Glock

RIP. I like his products. We are now issued Glocks at work and everyone seems to shoot better with them.

I prefer 1911. Aftermarket is just as good.
Take cheap RIA and drop Wilson Combat parts in and you'll be amazed.
I like the 1911 too but just never went out and bought one.....my first Glock came by the way of a cop I used to know. It was a gen1 model 22 (.40 cal) but later on I got a gen4 model 22 and I like it much better vs the gen2. Also had a .45 but don't remember the model of it. Sold it and several others when my divorce got started like a dummy. Sold a few others too dang it.

I like the 1911 too but just never went out and bought one.....my first Glock came by the way of a cop I used to know. It was a gen1 model 22 (.40 cal) but later on I got a gen4 model 22 and I like it much better vs the gen2. Also had a .45 but don't remember the model of it. Sold it and several others when my divorce got started like a dummy. Sold a few others too dang it.
Being in Texas you'd probably be fine.. Here in California selling your guns or at least storing them elsewhere is your best call... Ten plus years ago guy I knew was going through a divorce. his wife called the cops telling them she felt threatened (not that she had been threatened).... He got detained, not arrested but spent the night in lock up, no charges, guns confiscated & never returned... Big Stainless S&W .357, Desert Eagle, couple Glocks.... He had a lot more but they were locked in a safe at his storage....

Being in Texas you'd probably be fine.. Here in California selling your guns or at least storing them elsewhere is your best call... Ten plus years ago guy I knew was going through a divorce. his wife called the cops telling them she felt threatened (not that she had been threatened).... He got detained, not arrested but spent the night in lock up, no charges, guns confiscated & never returned... Big Stainless S&W .357, Desert Eagle, couple Glocks.... He had a lot more but they were locked in a safe at his storage....
Damn commies

Damn commies
D) communists Hollywood blacklisted - Sen. Joseph McCarthy was absolutely correct.png

Gee, sorry officer, but I lost all my firearms in a tragic boating accident...

Something similar happened to my BIL....but think he got his guns back but spent more time in lockup. Around here, most storage places are not a very good choice for storing weapons. IF you chose to do that, better bring in the safe in a van and back into the storage if possible so no one will be able to see what you are doing.

Auto Transport Service
Back