• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Go fast or go home!

Shouldn't be too hard to get it below 3000....my 66 Belvedere was 3370 when I got it and it didn't take too long to hit 2950 and that was with the working AC still on it.

Shouldn't be too hard to get it below 3000....my 66 Belvedere was 3370 when I got it and it didn't take too long to hit 2950 and that was with the working AC still on it.

My A/C is working great right now!

20181125_133909.jpg

That's a real 110 ac unit there.....1 window and 10 mph will do fine!

Bob, Here are my front bumper brackets....I cut down my steel oem brackets...they are very light....and no cost to fab

20180126_132900.jpg 20180111_102221.jpg

The second picture shows the front bumper bracket before I cut them down.
This would only work with a fiberglass front bumper

Bob, Here are my front bumper brackets....I cut down my steel oem brackets...they are very light....and no cost to fab

View attachment 683312 View attachment 683313

Fortunately I have a friend in the aluminum bumper bracket business.

View attachment 683312 View attachment 683313

Was doing that on E body bumpers. I mean, how much steel do you need to hold up one of those 1st gen Mustang style bumpers anyways! And they sure weren't going to protect the car very much in a 2 mph hit. Then there was 25 lbs of side impact protection rails inside each freaking door. Thing is, I never was able to complete a single E body for racing. Someone would always come along and offer me stoooopid money for a 1/2 finished body. The last one was a 70 Barracuda and got 2k just for the shell and that was about 20 years ago or so.

I'm currently taking stupid money offers on my car.

Now I start adding weight back to the car.
Bumper brackets and aluminum bolts
+ 1.5 lbs.

IMG_20181128_150626_669.jpg

I can't afford to make more power, so....
:thumbsup:

better power to weight ratios :bananadance:

every little bit adds up

you can always go back & add ballast where you need it

good luck Bob :lowdown:

I just removed the rear window and gasket
-24lbs.
Took the deck lid off to weigh it.
-42 lbs.
Grand total of 260lbs. removed!
Glass bumper ordered,
Lexan ordered,
Ordering the deck lid next week.

I just removed the rear window and gasket
-24lbs.
Took the deck lid off to weigh it.
-42 lbs.
Grand total of 260lbs. removed!
Glass bumper ordered,
Lexan ordered,
Ordering the deck lid next week.
Be careful about taking weight out of the REAR of the car....read my posts about losing my traction tuneup after I took 120lbs out of the truck area.

I have plenty of adjustment out back.
4-link with afco shocks.
Can't hurt to try, right?

Have you already removed the heater assembly and wiper assembly?
Sun visors, rear view mirror, arm rests?
Jus' sayin'

Have you already removed the heater assembly and wiper assembly?
Sun visors, rear view mirror, arm rests?
Jus' sayin'
Long gone...

Except the mirror. That stays!

I got some stuff trickling in now.
Bumper brackets and bolts in aluminum, glass bumper and kirkey seat, brackets and padding.
Add 18.5 lbs to the program.
-241 lbs.

20181211_124609.jpg 20181211_124548.jpg

I hole sawed my car where ever possible that is not visible once assembled, added light weight Kirkey seat & brackets, went with aluminum bolts where possible, etc but I refuse to go with Lexan or Fiberglass body parts (so, my car will never be no featherweight). I race with so many buddies & it is such a pain lifting hood off, lifting front clip off or removing door and putting everything back on their cars after every round.

100_1508 [640x480].jpg

How did you get it to 2950? I've yet to see a stock floor pan, big block steel bodied, caged B body below 3000 with driver. In fact even w/o driver. Few are less than 3250 w/o driver.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back