• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Go fast or go home!

Plastic wedge shims from Home Depot
Doug

Found a pic from 2010,sure has come a ways!! Looks GREAT Bob,look forward to being at the same track this season!

LVR MOPAR DAY 2010 052.JPG

A lot of time and money since then.

I just got it to fit on the hinges correctly yesterday.
Latch is giving me problems.
I need some wedge shaped shims to make it work.
I just spent about 3 hours getting my old steel deck lid adjusted so it would close ok. A real headache.
I took the hasp off of the mount in the trunk to make sure the truck lid didn't click closed when it was out of square and then get bound up and wouldn't open.
Finally got it right.

Last edited:
I just spent about 3 hours getting my old steel deck lid adjusted so it would close ok. A real headache.
I took the hasp off of the mount in the trunk to make sure the truck lid didn't click closed when it was out of square and then get bound up and wouldn't open.
Finally go it right.
This thread weighs heavy on my soul.

Got the decklid fit, trimmed and installed today.
Paint will have to wait.

20190330_135628.jpg

Just sand the whole car down to the primer. LOL.
Why do you think that my front fenders and hood are in primer? Perhaps I'm just cheap or too race nostalgic with this heap.
You need to do what we do. Don't use compressed air to spray. We use Helium. That way it gets trapped in the paint and makes the car lighter.
Doug

Don't use compressed air to spray. We use Helium. That way it gets trapped in the paint and makes the car lighter.
Doug

There is one problem with that. The car might catch on fire when the air creates friction with the paint. I use argon/helium mix to compensate. Its just as light :thumbsup:

There is one problem with that. The car might catch on fire when the air creates friction with the paint. I use argon/helium mix to compensate. Its just as light :thumbsup:
Me thinks you have to,,,,,or when the takes off it would REALLY take off!!!

Installed a lexan driver side window in my 66 sedan and used the original window mechanism. It went up and down ok but not as nice as the original glass did....might have to do with the lexan being thinner? Still have hope to get that thing rolling again.

Installed a lexan driver side window in my 66 sedan and used the original window mechanism. It went up and down ok but not as nice as the original glass did....might have to do with the lexan being thinner? Still have hope to get that thing rolling again.
What sedans have going for themselves is that the glass are usually flat and on a continuant track, so the usage of the factory mechanisms is doable. If you use a thinner than stock Lexan, it will at times tend to wobble on its way (particularly) up, so a little guidance by hand is needed to keep it on its trajectory on the track. I have 1/8th Lexan on my sedan and it too needs a little guidance but it closes very nicely and goes down just like stock.

What sedans have going for themselves is that the glass are usually flat and on a continuant track, so the usage of the factory mechanisms is doable. If you use a thinner than stock Lexan, it will at times tend to wobble on its way (particularly) up, so a little guidance by hand is needed to keep it on its trajectory on the track. I have 1/8th Lexan on my sedan and it too needs a little guidance but it closes very nicely and goes down just like stock.
Also, try a little window lubricant on the inner felt tracks to help smooth out the thinner glass's run.

Oh the humanity!

Screenshot_20190403-064824_Google.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back