• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Going to look at 65 Coronet- what to look for?

I became the proud owner of a '65 500 a few months ago. I didn't know much about them, but when I saw it I knew I wanted it. Long story short, I love it and here she is....I am one of the ones that need that ever so coveted rear decklid emblem and bezel :BangHead:

Coronet.jpg

IMG_3983.jpg

when i bought my '65 i looked the body over best i could. i did find some minor corrosion on the passenger side trunk extension, easy fix. other than that it's very solid with no panel/floor changes. if it needed quarters/floors/doors or any thing close i wouldn't have bought it. it's an L.A. car and i'm very happy with it, but i did give what some thought was a premium just to have that solid body.

20170830_190855.jpg

I bet that's what the one I went to look at looked like when new.

I became the proud owner of a '65 500 a few months ago. I didn't know much about them, but when I saw it I knew I wanted it. Long story short, I love it and here she is....I am one of the ones that need that ever so coveted rear decklid emblem and bezel :BangHead:

View attachment 1389009

View attachment 1389010
I wanted to build a 65 AWB (Clone), saw convertible w/tree coming out of the car @ a local scrap yard (bought it) - 3yrs later bought a match out west & brought it back to Pennsylvania, spent 7yrs redo in the back of my body shop - I love it , 440-727 ( x- muddy day )

IMG_20220220_134703_095.jpg

20200811_141620.jpg

Charlie Quarters might have some repops of the 500 emblem. I got one from him a couple months ago.

D1BB64FA-5A1E-43A2-9137-8D65ED9089EC.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back