• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Going to look at this AMC Ambassador tomorrow, what do you guys think?

My brother’s first car was a 1966 Ambassador - loved it! The engine ran so smooth (271 V8) that we often grinded the starter because it had already been running. 3 on the tree was fun to row as well. The dive shaft was fully encased, so thta’s sucked. It died when the driveline locked up. Rear wheels wouldn’t move at all. Had a junk yard tow it away for free (1975?.). I was a senior in HS then and not mechanically skilled enough at the time, but it probably was locked in two gears at the same time and was probably an easy fix. Four door tank. He was T-boned by a 1974 Camaro and it just dented his front bumper and fender. Didn’ Even change his front end alignment. Totaled the Camaro though.

my older sister had one when she first was driving, not sure of the year but it had the stacked headlights; I was probably 9-10 year old...………. anyway, I remember her pulling into the driveway, something went bang, and the right front wheel laid over ……. the old man was pissed :lol:

I was just reading the King of Cool thread and Moparnation74 said this: Any fool can do something cool and look cool but it takes skill to make something uncool cool again" Kind of apropos.

I'd buy it 4k doesn't even get you a rust bucket with no eng anymore. It's not ugly it's unique a Ford ltd is ugly a pinto is ugly a Pontiac aztec ...it's all relative it's not sexy like a 68 charger but it's not bad,as rc stated that valor needs to be steemed cleaned or removed !!!!!

The 50 years worth of DNA in those velour seats gives me the willies.

Ah, a new owner. "Welcome, come on in, the seats are warm."
1216_Roundup_creatures.jpg

my older sister had one when she first was driving, not sure of the year but it had the stacked headlights; I was probably 9-10 year old...………. anyway, I remember her pulling into the driveway, something went bang, and the right front wheel laid over ……. the old man was pissed :lol:

There are many words in your post related to a neighbor chick from high school:
older sister
stacked headlights
pulling
bang
old man
pissed
Fairly well summed up gettin' caught.

It looks some brocade cloth. WIKI:even an optional "Custom" package with special upholstery and two matching pillows. She said it still has both pillows. Ha. That should raise the price on the show Sticker Shock!

Put a replica Rebel Machine hood scoop with the tach on it,a nice set of 15 inch Magnums, and some dual exhaust on it,and it would be a nice driver.

It looks some brocade cloth. WIKI:even an optional "Custom" package with special upholstery and two matching pillows. She said it still has both pillows. Ha. That should raise the price on the show Sticker Shock!

You never know when you need to put pillows under her! They can be very handy to have. I have one of those American Motors cars. Mine is a 69 AMX 390 4 speed car.

Liked the Javelins,but the others not so much

It looked a heck of a lot more like 139,000 miles than 39,000. Carpet was worn through in places. The vinyl top had problems. Couldn't drive it because it had bad brakes. The white paint was worn/faded through on all top surfaces. It was a DPL hardtop not a sedan, that was good. Tires were bad. The front seat material had a separation on the left shoulder. The engine had a tick in it. Even so I offered him $3000 and he was pretty butt hurt about that.

Not a bad offer. Did you leave your number to let him think about it?

I agree $3,000 is a fair price, there just aren't many people interested in buying a car like that. He'll be lucky to get that much.

The guy was kind of snotty when I said $3 large. Now yesterday I got an email saying they would take $3,500. Before they were firm on $4K. I said I had a friend that might be interested and I would bring him by. They asked is he going to buy it for $3500.
I told her, no, not at that price. And he was supposed to buy it without seeing it? People are weird.

Auto Transport Service
Back