• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Goddess heart surgery

Great googly moogly. Last time I calculated fuel mileage I was getting 8 mpg, so I’m thinking 160 plus some city miles, I shouldn’t be empty. Well imagine my surprise when I undo the last nut holding the tank strap and it almost rips my arm off. Take a peek in, that looks maybe half a tank full

7B10DB6A-4315-45F4-98E8-4448AF5E0F1E.jpeg

087B24F5-4B03-4528-89C2-B68DE456BDCD.jpeg

Great googly moogly. Last time I calculated fuel mileage I was getting 8 mpg, so I’m thinking 160 plus some city miles, I shouldn’t be empty. Well imagine my surprise when I undo the last nut holding the tank strap and it almost rips my arm off. Take a peek in, that looks maybe half a tank full

View attachment 1645698

View attachment 1645699

It makes the job a lot harder, can you transfer the fuel to another vehicle?

It’s from tanks inc, they call it an efi tank, but it just has an electric fuel pump inside. All the benefits of an electric pump, all bolt in with no modification, unless you want to cut an access hole in the trunk pan which also what I’m doing.

My car is a driver, I want it to be ready and able to anywhere, down the road for groceries or a long road trip. All of this helps. It doesn’t matter what the weather is, let the fuel pump run for a couple seconds, pump the gas a couple times and it’s ready to go, I’ve only used the choke once because it was 18 degrees.

I’ve been annoyed not having the fuel gauge work, and I should have gone with the “floatless” to begin with, but oh well. And it’s bothered me I don’t have a way of getting to everything without dropping the tank, so while it’s out we’re fixing everything

99C98931-7DEC-4736-90DD-A2B4F6EA950D.png

BE9943A8-E513-430C-8EAD-08E51ED063F5.jpeg

0500CE0E-7084-4DBB-903D-96D2A56D3A83.png

E8D7BD10-1344-4478-89CD-BA3CD4EF0226.png

I saw that one and was intrigued, because lasers are cool :lol: . But if I’m not mistaken you have to use a $200 gas gauge or their Holley dash

It says on the site that is compatible with, of course theirs, other brands. You calibrate it on the bench first going through the procedure in the instructions. There may be a kicker about stock gauges not said but that may be a tech line question. I plan on using the cluster from AEM[ Holley owns them now too] as they are the manufacture of my engine management system so I should be groovy.

Holley owns everyone, they find a company making good decently priced products, buy them out and Jack the prices up because now it’s “Holley

And get much of it made overseas where labor and materials are less expensive.

Got the sending unit installed. Before I installed it I used an equus fuel gauge to test the sending unit outside of the car, and it worked fine. Hooked everything up to the factory gauge and I think the factory gauge is partied out. So hooked the equus gauge back up and it reads 7/8 of a tank, we’re guessing there’s not much more then 1/4 tank in it. Ohmed the sending unit it reads 18 ohms. Hooked my equus gauge backwards to see if something is wired wrong, and the gauge didn’t like that, but the sending unit is reading full as empt, wtf am I doing wrong

0E6A4E7F-2D20-42DB-9E6B-091BEEBAB968.jpeg

5849A5D0-921A-41E4-95FC-52E57D896EF1.jpeg

The factory gauge reads from X amount of ohms to X amount of ohms. The sending unit is the same way. You need to find what the factory gauge (ohms) is and get a sending unit close to that or right on the money.

I don’t know how to adjust that sending unit you have or if it can be adjusted to the factory gauge (ohms).

Auto Transport Service
Back