• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gone but back

6cylrider98

Local time
11:27 PM
Reaction score
Hi all, been a long time away. Was/still working on my buds 66 Charger. it lives but aint happy. Wiring harness is bad. Found that when installing the Snyper EFI. man it didnt like the voltage spikes and drops. Put the carb back on so it runs but many bugs to work out this winter.
I found a 1973 Charger SE and am getting it this weekend. Its apart, need redone. IIRC its been awhile since I last looked at it, a 318 car, has ac,ps,pb, auto,pw ,rear speaker, console ,and a few other ops. Looked at it last year but funds werent right but are now,sellers wife says its got to go. Will get some pics soon. Not sure if and how many mods I will do, might be a restore to org...??? Then maybe not. The guy started the resto, but stalled like many do, do have some rust to fix. I dont think it was hacked at all under the hood. Should be fun.
My 1993 Z28 is doing ok, got a motor to freashen up for this winter @450hp I hope. Thinking one may go. Hope you all made it ok this past year, life/job changed alot for me, for the better. Later. Doug.

Welcome back!

Use the ignition switch to control a 30 amp relay that is direct wired to your battery to feed the EFI...it will solve the spike issue.

Welcome from Alabama, or welcome back.

Welcome back from Michigan the Motor City! 440'

Welcome from Missouri!!

Welcome back to FBBO

Thanks All. I need to replace the harness ,it is a mess at the firewall bulkhead,like they get .None of the gages wok so out it will come for a rebuild too. I think the owner went too far with the cam so it will need a laptop tune as well. Winter time. Going to look at the 73 tomorrow and get it ready to take home. Will be awhile before she roams the streets. Got to see what I am going to do with it,how much to mod/change or just restore to stock. Thinking a warmed up 360 magnum,355 gear....little susp stuff .. Want a nice driver/cruiser. Too crazy and the GF wont get in it lol like the Z. its too loud I am crazy in it...is all I hear. Had the Year one and Classic books out tonite.

newwelcome.jpg

Hi all, been a long time away. Was/still working on my buds 66 Charger. it lives but aint happy. Wiring harness is bad. Found that when installing the Snyper EFI. man it didnt like the voltage spikes and drops. Put the carb back on so it runs but many bugs to work out this winter.
I found a 1973 Charger SE and am getting it this weekend. Its apart, need redone. IIRC its been awhile since I last looked at it, a 318 car, has ac,ps,pb, auto,pw ,rear speaker, console ,and a few other ops. Looked at it last year but funds werent right but are now,sellers wife says its got to go. Will get some pics soon. Not sure if and how many mods I will do, might be a restore to org...??? Then maybe not. The guy started the resto, but stalled like many do, do have some rust to fix. I dont think it was hacked at all under the hood. Should be fun.
My 1993 Z28 is doing ok, got a motor to freashen up for this winter @450hp I hope. Thinking one may go. Hope you all made it ok this past year, life/job changed alot for me, for the better. Later. Doug.
Welcome from Western Maryland.

Well I got a look at the 73 tonite,for a little. Seams it was a stalled project a couple of times/owners. Has some rust that was being addressed, and is somewhat apart. Is a SE 318,ps,pb,,ac, auto car. Has ralley wheels, look like 14".. is in a garage with tons of stuff on it lol.. The gut is green bench seat unit has pw, rear defog, rear speraker, and I think its am/af radio ,looks factory.. I did find the build sheet, is there a sticky to decode it some place on here?
Has the monster 8 1/4 rear lol. Also has the gages. Color is a cream white..?? Someone painted the engine compartment black!!! I know thats a no no. Wont be able to get it out till the weekend and put it on a lift to see what other suprizes I find. From what I could see the floor looked ok.. Under the hood looks like 1973, its all there . The dash looks ok too iirc. The vinyl top is off and the louvers were taken off, last owner got the roll up windows to put in..
Not sure how I will go with it, stock restore or minor hot rod. It does have a bit of other parts ,a set of buckets,I didnt see them and other stuff. Not sure if there is a console and floor shifter . Not sure if is stuck ,was told it ran so ?? I think most of the parts are there, oh, the fenders are just sitting on the front lol. Saw the hood and hope the "racing hood scoop "isnt hacked on. It will be awhile befor she is back on the road. But will bring her back . This will be my 1st Mopar btw. Lawas been a fan . Cant wait to get at it. Other irons need done first.. Later,Doug.

Update.... Been work busy the last couple of weeks, had my body guy look it over, and though it isnt a rust bucket, its more than he has time for,and cost will kill my budget for other things I wanted to do with it.
Sucks cause I wanted to build it to a nice cruiser. Looks like it will be for sale ,locally. Was hoping to have the body work done while doing the drive line, but it going to be. Will post it in the for sale when I get the pics loaded. Will keep looking for a B body to get.

Auto Transport Service
Back