• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got Bored Today and Made a Video

Hikin Mike

Local time
1:37 PM
Reaction score
The car isn't registered or insured yet, but had to make a short video with a "cold" (it was 95 today) start, walk around and drive around the block with the top down.

Enjoy...

Also took a photo as well.
coronet-072923-02-L.jpg

Nice 68 Coronet 500 convertible
I always liked 'the gold cars', 68's are my favorite
almost across the board too
what brand of cigars does it smoke... :poke: sorry
hey don't answer if you don't want too

didn't you used to live in Napa area ?
I thought I remembered seeing that ?
&
what happened to your leg/s?
if that's not too personal,
with a name like @Hikin Mike I didn't expect that

Nice 68 Coronet 500 convertible
I always liked 'the gold cars', 68's are my favorite
almost across the board too
what brand of cigars does it smoke... :poke: sorry
hey don't answer if you don't want too

didn't you used to live in Napa area ?
I thought I remembered seeing that ?
&
what happened to your leg/s?
if that's not too personal,
with a name like @Hikin Mike I didn't expect that
It does smoke a bit. Since it's been not running since 2006, I hope it will come around a bit once I start driving it on the highway.

Nope, never lived in Napa.

I was going to mention that in the video (may add that now). Yes, I used to do a lot of hiking/backpacking until my knees when south quickly. The "Cliff Notes"...both knees had to get replaced. Since my immune system isn't as it should, the doctor (Stanford) wanted to do one at at time instead of both. After doing the right knee (2006) I had issues with healing. They decided to remove the hardware and fuse it. Decided not to try and get the left done instead they removed the knee and fused it too. That's why I walk like a Penguin now. Can't drive a bike or a manual, but both cars are automatics and I'm not in a wheelchair.

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Love the car and your attitude towards life. I know folks who give up on the good attitude with far less obstacles. Kudos to you man.

I was going to mention that in the video (may add that now). Yes, I used to do a lot of hiking/backpacking until my knees when south quickly. The "Cliff Notes"...both knees had to get replaced. Since my immune system isn't as it should, the doctor (Stanford) wanted to do one at at time instead of both. After doing the right knee (2006) I had issues with healing. They decided to remove the hardware and fuse it. Decided not to try and get the left done instead they removed the knee and fused it too. That's why I walk like a Penguin now. Can't drive a bike or a manual, but both cars are automatics and I'm not in a wheelchair.
:luvplace:
thanks for sharing, such a personal deal
I like to know where people come from & their backstories
very generous of you to tell us, stay strong I know you will
:thankyou:

Nice 68 convertible, I Have been on the hunt for a convertible for a little while now. Hopefully will join the vert owners club soon. Yours looks to be a perfect comfortable cruiser.

Good job buddy. I wish I knew how to make a little video like that. I like the '69 Pontiac too. Your house and yard look very nice. My property isn't half as well kept and don't have any knee excuses. Keep up the good work and I'm glad there are some Poncho/Mopar guys out there too.

I have to admit at 92 degrees I would be f-king melting. We Norwegians don't do hot. It's been a high of the low 80's but back to 70's next week thank God. We run at about the same temperature as Oslo, Norway here. The humidity is about the same at 40%. You all are always welcome to come out and stay here we have lots of room.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back