• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got the Classic Backyard Buddy 4 post lift installed today...

Not cheap but worth it to me.
Damn right. I got two 4-post lifts in my shop, got them about 5 years ago....best thing I ever did. These lifts will keep me able to work on cars and actually enjoy it again instead of dealing with laying on the floor.

I am green with envy. Congrats!
congrats.jpg

Welcome to the world of (deservingly) spoiled mechanics. It's a good place to be lol.

I got a 4 post lift in September. I must admit they make working on a car easier. Right now, I have a car up on the lift, another below it and it freed up a bay for doing the body work on a third car. I should have gotten one 20 years ago.

Terry W.

In total I have 6 BYB lifts, 4 of them are the trailer model. I use 2 for working, the others are for storage. Great units.

BD68D458-9380-4C2F-802B-79CE38EB43FF.jpeg

Those are nice. I’m going to order 2 for storage for my 15’ ceilings as they are not worth a crap for working under.

Hey Chuck, can you do me a favor and measure the outside width and length of the 4 corners? Basically the furthest points of the lift to get the complete footprint at it's biggest.

I would love to get a 4 poster in my garage, but im not sure if it would fit with the toolboxes in the front and the Dart on one side.

Also, did they specify anything about the psi of the concrete?

Thank you!
Mario

Hey Chuck, can you do me a favor and measure the outside width and length of the 4 corners? Basically the furthest points of the lift to get the complete footprint at it's biggest.

I would love to get a 4 poster in my garage, but im not sure if it would fit with the toolboxes in the front and the Dart on one side.

Also, did they specify anything about the psi of the concrete?

Thank you!
Mario
No specification on concrete psi, the feet are not anchored - it's a free standing lift with large feet plate. 108" x 167.5" from outside plate foot to outside plate foot. There is a detailed drawing here, just scroll through the pics:
Classic Lift

Chuck (snook)

Nice lift for sure! Would love to have one. I believe you can get wheel kits for them also? Would love to be able to wheel it out side to get full benefits of the height.
Congratulations!

No specification on concrete psi, the feet are not anchored - it's a free standing lift with large feet plate. 108" x 167.5" from outside plate foot to outside plate foot. There is a detailed drawing here, just scroll through the pics:
Classic Lift

Chuck (snook)
Just what I needed to know! Thank you so much!

Nice lift for sure! Would love to have one. I believe you can get wheel kits for them also? Would love to be able to wheel it out side to get full benefits of the height.
Congratulations!
It comes with the caster kit, pretty slick.

Chuck (snook)

That being said Snook. Could one fella move it around do you think? You don't have the wheel kit??
It has the wheel kit (casters) was included. A child could move it around. Not designed to be moved with a car on it though. Nice setup and comes with the lift.

From the website:

The Backyard Buddy Classic series top-of-the-line lift for the home collector is powered by a 120 (or 220 v) power supply and is perfect for your home garage or workshop. An optional sliding jack platform accommodates a bottle jack, allowing you to remove wheels and brakes for service. Add even more versatility with a built-in rolling hydraulic platform jack that runs on the same hydraulic power supply as the lift. With 63″ of clearance under the platform, the Backyard Buddy Classic provides room to work under your cars. It also has enough clearance to accommodate almost any car under the platform for extra storage.

Includes:

• 4 Drip Trays
  • 4 End Stops
  • Caster Kit
  • 36" Steel Ramps
  • 5 Year Limited Warranty

Chuck (snook)

Thanks Snook! Appreciate the info on moving the lift around. Good to know. With my 8' 10'' ceilings, it's really only choice I have. I also would raise my rafters up where the hoist would call home to give me higher range. Be a lot easier than tearing the floor up and putting is some footings for a "normal lift"
Thanks again!
edited ceiling height.

Last edited:
Thanks Snook! Appreciate the info on moving the lift around. Good to know. With my 9' 10'' ceilings, it's really only choice I have. I also would raise my rafters up where the hoist would call home to give me higher range. Be a lot easier than tearing the floor up and putting is some footings for a "normal lift"
Thanks again!
**** you're lucky! I only have 8' 2" ceilings!

Auto Transport Service
Back