• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got the Classic Backyard Buddy 4 post lift installed today...

@Snook , did you have a company deliver and setup the lift as well?
And do you just have a normal dedicated outlet for the lift? And does it have it's own hydraulic unit built in?
Yup, I opted for an installer - great guy. I use a 120V plug that the cord reaches to the wall receptacle but I'm probably going to use the ceiling mounted plug when I get the time to run a cord. It has it's own self contained hydraulic unit mounted on the post.

Chuck (snook)

Yup, I opted for an installer - great guy. I use a 120V plug that the cord reaches to the wall receptacle but I'm probably going to use the ceiling mounted plug when I get the time to run a cord. It has it's own self contained hydraulic unit mounted on the post.

Chuck (snook)
Thank you. Looks like a real nice setup!

Mine was installed. They kind of get you. If I installed the lift, it came with only a 30 day guarantee on parts. If they installed it came with a 100% 1 year warranty on parts and labor issues. It was good thing I let them, because I did have to have them swap out the motor because the switch kept sticking in an up position. Had to pull cord to get it to stop. No issues since.

Mine was installed. They kind of get you. If I installed the lift, it came with only a 30 day guarantee on parts. If they installed it came with a 100% 1 year warranty on parts and labor issues. It was good thing I let them, because I did have to have them swap out the motor because the switch kept sticking in an up position. Had to pull cord to get it to stop. No issues since.
Yup, 1 year for a self install and a 5 year warranty if installed by a certified (ALI) installer.

Chuck (snook)

What did the installer charge you guys?
1K. That included picking it up in Melbourne FL (he's in West Palm about a 2-1/2 hour ride to pick it up), traveling to Okeechobee (another 2 hours from Melbourne) and then assembly time of 4 hours and testing.

Chuck (snook)

1K. That included picking it up in Melbourne FL (he's in West Palm about a 2-1/2 hour ride to pick it up), traveling to Okeechobee (another 2 hours from Melbourne) and then assembly time of 4 hours and testing.

Chuck (snook)
Was that included in the price you posted way back on the first page?

Was that included in the price you posted way back on the first page?
I posted the complete invoice including the installation costs a while ago. It isn't cheap that's for sure but I'm an old F*** and it keeps me in the game, which is not for much longer but I'm trying.

Chuck (snook)

Decal junkies need to stick together.
I have a few. Plus the whole garage door. Also, thousands more in four big boxes. Never put them on my cars though.

rsz_20161104_213725_004.jpg

100_1684.jpg

20161104_213833 (004).jpg

I posted wanted "no pun intended" on Facebook for a 4 post lift 9 or 10 years ago.
Got an answer locally about 15 miles away the first day.
Very EZ to install, free standing never needs bolted to the floor.
$1,000. One problem I occasionally have is the hydraulic pump location, pull too far forward and you are limited opening the drivers door. You are limited as to what work you can actually do compared to a twin post.
I see your pump is at a different location than mine.

Congratulations !! Those are nice lifts. A real game changer for sure.

I posted wanted "no pun intended" on Facebook for a 4 post lift 9 or 10 years ago.
Got an answer locally about 15 miles away the first day.
Very EZ to install, free standing never needs bolted to the floor.
$1,000. One problem I occasionally have is the hydraulic pump location, pull too far forward and you are limited opening the drivers door. You are limited as to what work you can actually do compared to a twin post.
I see your pump is at a different location than mine.
Yeah it has it's own mount by the rear post. No door interferences.

Chuck (snook)

Yeah it has it's own mount by the rear post. No door interferences.

Chuck (snook)
I find it convenient at the left front for access to the engine. Just last week I had to raise and lower the car many times to get under the car and into the engine compartment. At the right rear would have been a little more walking. I plan this year to move mine to the outside of the post it is attached to, currently it is parallel to the ramps, should give me more door room. I had a local welding shop make me a sliding heavy steel tray, great for tools and parts and some uses for hydraulic jacks.

It would seem that at a 7k lb. capacity that the Ram will be close to the limit and the Suburban likely over capacity?

It would seem that at a 7k lb. capacity that the Ram will be close to the limit and the Suburban likely over capacity?
Curb weights: Ram is 5500 and Burb is 5600, well within limits, lots of margin

Chuck (snook)

Auto Transport Service
Back