• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotta love springtime.

BLK 68 R/T

Local time
3:58 AM
Reaction score
I love all the different colors of plants and trees this time of year. A few from my backyard yesterday.

IMG_6891.jpeg

IMG_6892.jpeg

IMG_6894.jpeg

Damm, your spring comes late! This is from late Feb.!
P1011011.JPG

Our high temp yesterday was like 46, this week has been miserable started with about an 1 -1/2" of rain on Sunday.
Rain or drizzle about all day.
But the weekend looks to be Sunny!

Nice around here, if this keeps up I have a bunch of winter projects that'll have to wait until next winter..

When is spring coming ?,
still acting like winter (a new Iceage) here

I’m seeing more dead trees in the last few years than ever before. Anyone else noticing this?

This has been the grayest winter/spring I can remember!

I’m seeing more dead trees in the last few years than ever before. Anyone else noticing this?
we have millions upon millions of 'Bark Beetle', infestation kills,
they've been clearing some
estimated some 29,000,000 trees

Sonora Bark Beetle kill trees.jpg

some eco-nazis say/claim it's drought & they are completely wrong

Sonora Bark Beetles - Western Pine.jpg

just the main road from Phenoix lake, to Middle Camp upcountry
here by my place
they removed some 100,000+ trees infested roads edge
& near powerlines

seeing more dead trees
Seeing the same thing; but not sure if I’m just noticing more than before and with the leaves to fill in yet. Planted 10 trees in the yard 20 years ago – 3 are left. Deer took 2/3rds of bark off one and eventually snapped during a windstorm, also took a huge branch off the pear tree. Loved that tree so perfectly shaped until having to cut it down. Wife wants to plant new ones. I disagreed. By the time they start looking good, if they last we’ll be dead.

Not here in NW Nevada!!! Had SNOW!!! about 1 foot of wet snow on Tuesday nigh into Wednesday. Melted by mid day and the sun came out. Got up into the high 50's/low 60's. Now we are getting Rain Rain Rain and more RAIN!!! Been a tough Winter and early Spring. Water tables are through the roof!!! That's a good thing for us out here but it is getting rather old really fast...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Nice around here, if this keeps up I have a bunch of winter projects that'll have to wait until next winter..
For sure! And here when we had those couple days of 80 degrees I thought winter was done for. So did a lot of birds haha. The sand cranes got to walk through 6 inches of snow in the corn field behind my house about 2 weeks after they came up.
I think the dead trees is related to the same thing that is causing Weds. to be the aloted day of sunshine per week along the Lake Michigan coast. If you look up on weds. afternoon and are observant you will find the cause of why it has been rainy every weekend since March.

Auto Transport Service
Back