• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My annual PSA

3sloppydogs

Local time
12:39 PM
Reaction score
It's that time of year again. The grass is starting to grow and the mowers are coming out of the sheds. For those of us that do our own services remember to pull the shrouds and make sure the cooling fins are clean. The rodents love those small places to nest for the winter. They pack that with debris and the engine overheat causing bigger problems. Also, look around the throttle linkages for stuff

Mowing tomorrow (Friday 3/15).

Beware the Ides of March.

I thought this was going to be an entirely different subject
1710422214975.png

Mowed two weeks ago and again last weekend.

Might not have to do it this weekend, but soon the season of "more than one mowing per week" will be upon us here in FL.

My slightly too small lithium battery held charge all "winter" and started the 20 year old 17 HP Kohler single just fine on the first try.

Pulled the 2305 JD out on Mon and changed the oil, installed new blades and greased her up. Ready for the season. Mower blades are close to breaking the bank any more. JD wants about $100 for a set so I quit buying theirs and started using Oregon blades. Seem to last longer than JD and I can get 2 sets for the price of 1 JD.

No grass "I have to mow",
or lawnmower or riding mower to have to maintain, anymore
since Dec. 2007

thank goodness

I do have lots of gravel for a fire break, though too :poke:

I can't say I miss it 'one bit' either

That’s a quick jump but if you’re in the ones your in good shape. Especially if you’re over 50.
Why are you testing every three months?

Good question, trying to get a good base line, since I have had only 3 tests in 30? years. My brother in law died from it, at 64.

Speaking of, I'm in the 5s headed for 6 .
My younger brother at age 58 had prostate cancer and had his removed.
He's been non detectable since.
I've been through MRI twice and 1 biopsy 12 shot, lol. Passed each test, I'm knocking on wood.

I don't have time to mow the lawn. I have "a kid" do it. He's 45 or so a brings his grandson sometimes! When I was mowing the lawn my wife had me bag the grass. Every time I stopped to empty the bag I would take a break, drink some water and sit for a while. It was a 6 hour gig!
My PSA is pretty good. My doctor does a big time blood test that seems to look at everything and he has my Diabetes doc do it mid year to be sure.

Those tests don’t seem to be very consistent between labs. At my annual physical the last 2 years my family doctors labs have gotten high results. So then they send me to urologist who retests me with their lab and the results are OK. Of course he also does the latex glove test to. :eek:

Yeah, mowed off my lawn last week. Probably need to go a little lower yet.

Luckily, I don't have to worry about such things. Pedro will be here soon enough.

Auto Transport Service
Back