• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graveyard Cars

It's pretty sad that what could be such an awesome show has to be dumbed down to to such a degree to be accepted by a tv network, discovery/velocity no less.

Granted, I still like the cars, their stories, and what little they show each episode of the work being done on them. I just dvr it and keep a finger on the fast forward button.

Listened to it for about 3 minutes.........Heard some guy preaching about his many many many many accolades, and he was only one out of a few in the world that knew how to do Such N' Such right. Garbage. Go on national TV to toot your own horn..Why?

yeah & Mark says "Only a handful of people in the world can do this stuff"...LOL...

And on another note, I'm starting to think they should just change the name to Graveyard 'Cudas..

Granted, I still like the cars, their stories, and what little they show each episode of the work being done on them. I just dvr it and keep a finger on the fast forward button.

Me too, the jokes & really idiotic "dry sense of humor", petty bickering to me, more than dry sense of humor... It only can be tolerated in very small doses... It's really too bad, I really like the premise of the show, love the cars & some of the information & being about our beloved MoPar's.... But they make the MoPar crowd look "far more squirrel-lier" than they actually even are already... DVR is the only way, it's like a really bad episode of of the "Three Stooges"

Three Stooges

They all have a really bad work ethics, on the show anyway !!, hopefully they don't work like that for real... I know, I wouldn't take a car to them, especially now after seeing the show... I know I would be thinking always wondering if, "they are billing me for a bunch of wasted time & BS-ing, grab assen around instead of actually working on my restoration project"... You have to be kidden me, it take 2 guys, at least 2 hr's looking for a cowl... Josh the taller & youngest guy, at least had somewhat of an excuse, he was just learning about MoPar's & restoration, needed to be guideed thru al the projects & skills, now it looks like he's not even going to be on the show, he had to take another 2nd job, because he can't support his family on what he makes, working for Mark, at the restoration shop & then head "stooge" Mark {his father in law}, just blames him for everything that goes wrong & all of his own failures & short comings, kidding/joking or not, it's his own lack of true leadership quality & lack of true employee management skills, to keep his guys going all day & have all the parts available, to keep them all working... The other "2 stooges" looking all day wasting time & looking thru magazines, & then wasted almost a whole afternoon, looking for a single damn part... At least that's the premise of the show, it can't be good for business/reputation... I don't care how much someone else want's to kiss his *** & tell him "it's a great damn show, just because it's about MoPar's"....

if they were really as incompetent as they act they'd never get any cars built. definitely putting on a show to get non car people to watch. guess they should probably take it off the air so we can watch more american idle type shows..... i also DVR it to speed through some of the bull crap though :confused1:

if they were really as incompetent as they act they'd never get any cars built. definitely putting on a show to get non car people to watch. guess they should probably take it off the air so we can watch more american idle type shows..... i also DVR it to speed through some of the bull crap though :confused1:

No No No, say it ain't so, I'll be good, please no more, American Idle, X-Factor or Glee Type Crap...LOL... How about just make the Graveyard Cars show better, with out all the BS, Petty bickering or at least cut it back some... I too have to DVR it also, so I can get thru a show.... everywhere I see a thread about the show, almost everyone, "except a very select few", hate all the un-needed BS, even the none-car people...

Just watched a couple episodes of that Brit show Wheeler Dealers, and the folks at Graveyard Carz should model their show on that one. You can't get a better car show than that.

Can somebody please have the owner or administrator of this forum remove my membership? I have read enough here and I don't wish to be a member anymore.

I've actually learned quite a bit by watching with the tv on mute when they start to whine.Just watching the way they take off or install certain parts,plus with all the different resto shops they advertise,books with codes and such and so on.I think it's great for the hobby because they're putting names and other info out there that only a select few resto shops really knew about.Example:the exhaust shop they use,Accurate Exhaust.Or the exact way to lay out stripes.How to preserve certain pieces that are not being reproduced and bring them back to life.I didn't know muratic acid could bring tail light lenses back to looking like new.It's really informative if you pay less attention to the bitching and more to the subtle details.

If they were to remove just 50% of the BS and replace it with wheeler dealer style "this is what we did to fix this, and what we used to do that..." content...it would be a 100% better show.

I hate being the last or next to last post on a page.

YY1: I'll help you out bro...

Can somebody please have the owner or administrator of this forum remove my membership? I have read enough here and I don't wish to be a member anymore.

Diecast - I'm not sure why you edited down your original post. It was heartfelt and I thought it was a valid point. Since you have a relationship with each of the GC guys how about giving us all the scoop on how they are in real life? I'm a fan of the show as I feel that I "get" the humor and that Mark totally rips on himself with the jokes. It's exactly the same scene as when my friends and I wrench in the garage, exactly.

So... If you're still a member, how about a first-hand story or two about the guys?

Thanks to all for your posts! I do agree with the majority that the bickering is sensless and Mark has a way too inflated ego. I too just FF the DVR in the hopes of seeing or hearing a useful tidbit of something new.

I was watching that Wheeler Dealers show last night, and learned more about hardened valve seats and refinishing heads from that show than I've ever learned anywhere else. I've never installed hardened seats, and all I knew was what I've heard about the process over the years, but last night I saw a great view of the process and now I understand a lot of the concerns I've read on this forum and others about the process. Yes, the wisecracks made against us Americans does get a bit tedious, but that was a show I actually learned something from, and I like that.

I would love to see a show that focuses on Mopars that really walks you through a process from start to finish the way those Brit guys do. That sure beats hearing "Well, I told my idiots to do this task, which I can do better than anyone in the World but I can't just be doing everything from running this business to doing interviews with you guys and still be working on the cars, I know, they're going to screw it up like they screw up everything else because I'm the only one here who cares about this work and, oh, hold on a second while I go get a Superstar energy drink out of the HUGE Superstar cooler located behind my desk, and... where was I, oh yeah, so I told the moron twins that i needed them to go out to the car we have under the Acme awning we just had installed, you know that great awning that gave us more space and that Acme made so well, and told them I needed this one simple task that any monkey could do, but I know they're just going to screw it all up and I'm going to have to finally step in and do it myself and blah, blah, blah." for 12 minutes at a pop. :(

Nice guys in real life or not, spontaneous action or scripted, at the end of the day they are selling a product - their show, and if it's not a product people want it's not going to be on for long.

I was watching that Wheeler Dealers show last night, and learned more about hardened valve seats and refinishing heads from that show than I've ever learned anywhere else. I've never installed hardened seats, and all I knew was what I've heard about the process over the years, but last night I saw a great view of the process and now I understand a lot of the concerns I've read on this forum and others about the process.

Ah, you saw the one with the Triumph then?

Love wheeler dealers. Edd is a cool dude who really knows his $hit, but that fat little bastard i would trust him as far as i can throw him!!

Is it wrong that I'm annoyed when he says his "th's" as "F's"? Instead of "three" it's "free"?

Yeah I also think that he's a little annoying too... or the Brit to American language barrier, wrench=spanner, motor=car, boot=trunk, bonnet=hood, Lu=toilet, refurbished=restored, tidy-up=clean, rubbish=garbage/junk, dodgy=sketchy/bad/crap, peachy=good, the states/colonies/abroad=USA.... I actually heard him say "that American Electronics are always, a little dodgy", when he/they were selling a cheaply redone mid 80's C4 Corvette, to a perspective Brit buyer... That's a real laugh, like the damn Lucas Wiring, is any good at all, there's an old saying about Lucas Wiring & if you've ever owned a British car you know exactly what I'm talking about, "as long as you don't care if it starts every time or at all, or if you want the battery to actually get &/or stay charged, or you don't want to drive at night &/or use your wipers in the rain, Lucas Wiring is just peachy/fine"...LOL....

- - - Updated - - -

It does have a decent no real nonsense show premise thou...

Auto Transport Service
Back