• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green tinted glass vs clear?

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys got a question for you. What’s the difference between the green tinted glass and clear? Was this an option back then or were all the cars produced with green tinted windows (all the way around??)? I’ll have to look at mine to see what I have when I can dig them out. Just was curious about the green tint. Are there trade offs between the two? Like are the green more factory correct and more desirable? Do clear windows have better visibility? Etc…
Thank you,

Clear glass was standard equipment on all cars. A lot of times, factory A/C cars got green tinted glass on all windows. This was also a separate option on non-A/C cars. Another option on non-A/C cars was a tinted windshield only. The green tinted glass reduced glare, and was thought to keep the interior cooler. Plus, it just looks cool! I really like the looks of my yellow R/T with the green tinted glass.

RT drags.jpg

P4300120.JPG

Last edited:
Hey guys got a question for you. What’s the difference between the green tinted glass and clear? Was this an option back then or were all the cars produced with green tinted windows (all the way around??)? I’ll have to look at mine to see what I have when I can dig them out. Just was curious about the green tint. Are there trade offs between the two? Like are the green more factory correct and more desirable? Do clear windows have better visibility? Etc…
Thank you,

I can't speak for the 69 and up fender tags, but on the 68 they were both listed on the fender tag as options under the X letter on the tag. The number 1 being tinted glass for all windows and 2 being tinted windshield only.

A/C car...generally. Was an option too. My 67 has all green glass and is a factory A/C car. Kept the interior cooler.

Good info guys thanks! My car is factory AC so I should get the green tinted windows. It was originally green as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back