• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greetings

Mazzif

Local time
10:59 PM
Reaction score
Whats up gang. Got another FNG here, hailing from Northern Nevada. I just got into a 73 Charger project and I have tons of questions already. So I figure I'm going to troll your forums and do some reading and then when I'm ready, I'll toss out my Qs (but feel free to toss in some feedback here).

My 73 has a lot going for it I think, but it also has some challenges. She's a 73, single owner, 90k original mile, 400ci, 2bbl, single exhaust, 3 speed auto, slap stick, 24" rad, A/C, rear defroster, 3 speed wiper, console, leather interior, 14" wheel kinda car. Been parked last 21 years. Left outside. Gas tank is varnished, oil dip stick tube is broken at the block (cant check oil).

When I got it home I gave it the obligatory treatment; plugs, cap, rotor, wires, fluids, battery. Disconnected the fuel line at the pump and ran new hose to external fuel tank for diagnostics/testing.

Primed everything up and turned the key. She came to life. Took her for a quick test drive about the property. Breaks are solid, nice smooth positive shifts. Acceleration is a little stumbly (acc pump?) but I imagine a new carb kit will fix that. No biggie though if I plan to change it out (read below).

It is my intention to have the car as a weekend warrior. I just want to drive it and enjoy it, and fix things as we go...but would like to have a more traditional muscle car stance (wheels/tires), and more of that traditional muscle car sound. I'm thinking 4bbl intake and carb and dual exhaust if that's something that doesn't require too much modification underneath. I have the option to swap in a 440, but that is probably further down the road, because right now I just really want to be driving and enjoying the car.

So thanks for the add and I look forward to everyone's input.

Capture2.JPG IMG_20190203_122808.jpg IMG_20190203_123008.jpg IMG_20190203_123226.jpg IMG_20190207_121540-EFFECTS.jpg IMG_20190207_121637.jpg IMG_20190207_122808.jpg IMG_20190207_122830 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Nice car and welcome aboard from NJ. Sounds like you are planning on doing what I would have done. I like the Dodge pickup next to it as well. Good luck with both!

welcome to FBBO

Hi Mazzif, thanks for sharing your Charger with us. Don't worry about it being a 2 barrel, the important thing is that nobody got hurt. :)

But really, big block A/C car is a great start, and it'll be easy to add dual exhaust and a 4bbl. :welcome:

... it'll be easy to add dual exhaust and a 4bbl. :welcome:

Thanks for the welcome. I was thinking picking up maybe an Offenhauser Dual Port 360 intake and pairing with an Eldebrock 1405 (just because I have it). Sound about right for starters? As for dual exhaust, is there a drop in kit or the likes you can point me towards?

Welcome from North Carolina!! Sweet 73 you have there. Thanks for the pictures.

Welcome from Michigan. Another 3rd gen saved!:thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for posting pics of your sweet ride! Congrats

TTI have the best fitting exhaust but a little pricey but worth it. Welcome!!

Auto Transport Service
Back