• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grilling about my grille...

Just put it on as tight as you can to get it over the bent part and pull, snug the jaws as it straightens out.

Just put it on as tight as you can to get it over the bent part and pull, snug the jaws as it straightens out.

I tried the adjustable wrench and vise grips but I just couldn't get enough leverage on it. I did move it a little, though. My next attempt will be an even bigger wrench or a big freaking hammer. My local home depot only allows a certain number of people in at a time, so I haven't been able to buy anything yet.

Another question: I'm test fitting the lower valance tomorrow and I just realized that the turn signal lights have two holes on the ventral side. However, my lower valance doesn't have holes that match those two holes on the turn signal light. Do I have the wrong valance, or something?

20200403-004904.jpg

free image hosting

You need to heat the area that you want to bend, then hammer the bracket back down. with the heat in the right area, you wont have to beat it too hard with hammer.

You need to heat the area that you want to bend, then hammer the bracket back down. with the heat in the right area, you wont have to beat it too hard with hammer.

I will get my hands on a torch in addition to the aforementioned big freaking hammer.

Question on the headlight doors: they worked OK before I pulled the grille, as in they opened immediately but would take about 20 seconds to close. Now after putting the grille back in, they still open like they're electrical motors, but the left side will take about 30 seconds to close, and the right one will take anywhere from one to two minutes. I checked all of the vacuum hoses and they're good.

I put a vacuum gauge on the opening side of the vacuum lines, and got about 12 inches of vacuum. I put the vacuum gauge on the closing side and got no vacuum at all; the gauge wouldn't even budge. I'm assuming this is a problem with either the hose running up to the headlight switch or the switch itself? If there was no vacuum wouldn't the doors just stay open instead of taking forever to close? I have to mention that I currently do not have a vacuum reservoir. Thanks for listening to my laundry list of issues...

Auto Transport Service
Back