• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

H pipe

tom jaffeux

Local time
4:08 AM
Reaction score
Looking at installing a new H pipe on my car like to know has anybody ever installed one of these (picture below)and if so, how much issue did you have around the transmission crossmember the car does have headers on it. Thanks, Tom.
1690558272168.png
1690558272168.png

I have. No issues. I also used tti headers. If you’re using a different brand of header you may well have issues….

Had small issue with the cross over piece not long enough for my car. Is that a solid cross over or a slipover, mine was 2 piece. Only had to buy short pipe expanded on one end. Note the trans cross member where the cutouts for exhaust pipe, my headers are wide. Edit it's 3", think cross is 2.5".
1965 Dodge 011.JPG

Last edited:
I have had 3 inch on a couple cars with the same H pipe and TTI headers with no issues. ruffcut

No problems here either with that H and TTIs 3" exhaust and headers. '68 Satellite. I've been warned though that I will need to re-work the H-pipe location to fit around my impending Gear Vendors install, oh well no big deal that's hot rodd'n:p

Beanhead
You have the same car as me 68 satellite anyways I can get a quick picture of what you have don’t have to be great. I would be very helpful for me. Thanks Tom.

Beanhead
You have the same car as me 68 satellite anyways I can get a quick picture of what you have don’t have to be great. I would be very helpful for me. Thanks Tom.
Best I could do reaching under there Tom, hope it helps you--

20230728_175804.jpg

20230728_175731.jpg

If you have decent headpipes now, I would just add the h cross piece, rather than buy a whole headpipe set that may not Match your header width. Added plus, you can put the cross piece where YOU want it. I would put in a flange that can be unbolted for potential trans removal.

Welding your own in is way cheaper but could be a hassle if you don't have pipe fittings that come apart easy. TTI stuff works and fits. I doubt there would be an issue with headers.

Here is my home made 3" H pipe on my 69 GTX. No issues with the transmission.
20230603_145428.jpg
20230603_170932.jpg
20230604_180527.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back