• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Halo LED conversions. I pulled the trigger

Hemirunner

Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
@biomedtechguy I figured this was next on your list of mods, lol. Octane lighting H4 style sealed beams with LED bulbs.

F4632257-EA0F-4DA6-898C-25E469FAC8C7.jpeg

You need to put up a thread on how to do this.

Oh man, that is sweet! Is it true that you can't use red halos on the front? I mean, I love the green; it's my favorite color, but it wouldn't work on a burgundy car.

Sorry, I guess I should've re-phrased that, and maybe it depends on what state you live in... Is it legal to run the red ones? I think there was a concern about them looking too much like tail lights and confusing other (stupid) drivers.

Sorry, I guess I should've re-phrased that, and maybe it depends on what state you live in... Is it legal to run the red ones? I think there was a concern about them looking too much like tail lights and confusing other (stupid) drivers.
I don’t know that any of these are legal to run at night. Mine only work when the parking lights are on. You can wire them any way you like. Amber is the only color legal to use as a turn signal, at least in my state.

You need to put up a thread on how to do this.
If you’re not a sparky, the best way would be to get a Plug and play relay harness from @Crackedback and then just buy these lights. You’ll have to put power and ground to the halos, but maybe Crackedback has a harness for those too??

I put LED lights in this year as well. The Halos are from years back.

1A4EB328-E1E8-43C4-BAAF-01F752DD39FF.jpeg 79F6716B-8082-4FA4-AF36-2E0370BAF73C.jpeg 25A4D824-966E-46AF-9283-A8277ECE7DA3.jpeg

@biomedtechguy I figured this was next on your list of mods, lol. Octane lighting H4 style sealed beams with LED bulbs.

View attachment 992086
I have the exact same system in my 65. Just got them running today, looks very cool but, supposed to be able to wire the halo as a turn signal. I can't seem to get it working properly, actually shuts off power to the outer half off the halo when I use the turn signal.
Have you been able to use yours as signals?
Thanks

I have the exact same system in my 65. Just got them running today, looks very cool but, supposed to be able to wire the halo as a turn signal. I can't seem to get it working properly, actually shuts off power to the outer half off the halo when I use the turn signal.
Have you been able to use yours as signals?
Thanks
I didn’t wire mine to use them as signals. They’re wired up to only be on as running lights until the headlights come on, then they go off.

I am just finishing up my 71 Plymouth wiring.

I have installed full LED with DRL and Amber Turn. I picked them up on E-Bay for less than 100 with shipping. The ones I purchased only needed a small nob on the back taken off. No mods to the buckets or original wiring.
It took me a bit to figure this all out and get everything working properly.

I have the DRL set for Running power.
When the Turn signal or Hazards are enabled, the DRL will turn off and then flash amber. Upon turning off flasher, DRL resumes.

When Parking Lights are turned on the White DRL will turn off.
The blinkers and flashers work the same as above. The amber parking lights will turn off and then flash.Upon turning off flasher, DRL resumes

When the headlights are turned on the parking light will disable and the DRL will resume. When the Turn signal or Hazards are enabled, the DRL will turn off and then flash amber. Upon turning off flasher, DRL resumes.
Headlights will stay on during the Turn signal at night.

I am in NJ, this is legal, and can not see why it is not legal in any state. I have them working basically the same as my 2022 Dodge Durango.

My next step is to potentially add two more relays to have the front marker lights flash on turn as well.

I have also changed every bulb in the car to LED.

I will post some final pictures once it is back together.

You will need four (4) standard change over relays, 5 pin Bosch style and two 2 (2) delay off 5 pin Bosch style.
Capture.PNG

My parts list below​

4PCS 5-3/4" 5.75" Inch Projector LED Headlights Sealed Beam Halo Ring Lamp Bulbs​

4PCS 5-3/4" 5.75" Inch Projector LED Headlights Sealed Beam Halo Ring Lamp Bulbs | eBay

Niligh 5pcs Waterproof 40/30 AMP 12 AWG Tinned Copper Wires Relay & Harness Set​

Niligh 5pcs Waterproof 40/30 AMP 12 AWG Tinned Copper Wires Relay & Harness Set 812227032197 | eBay

US Location H4 Headlamp Light Bulb Ceramic Socket Plug Relay Wiring Harness Kit​

US Location H4 Headlamp Light Bulb Ceramic Socket Plug Relay Wiring Harness Kit | eBay

Accele BU-509TD 30 Amp Programmable Time Delay Relay with adjustable Timing Off​

Accele BU-509TD 30 Amp Programmable Time Delay Relay with adjustable Timing Off | eBay

I found one issue with the design. I will be posting an update shortly. I do have to add two additional relays to make sure the Falshers work when the key is turned off.

The new design does now works 100%.

There is one caveat when activating the High Beams, but you can insert an optional relay to take care of that.
you will need six to seven standard relays and two Time Delay relays. Same parts list as above.
FYI make sure you change your Flashers to No Load Flashers compatible with LED.

I may convert the Marker lights to Flashers as well for looks and safety.

I will post another design with the two additional flashers when i have some time to get back to the garage.

You will need seven (7) standard change over relays, 5 pin Bosch style and two 2 (2) delay off 5 pin Bosch style.

My parts list below​

4PCS 5-3/4" 5.75" Inch Projector LED Headlights Sealed Beam Halo Ring Lamp Bulbs​

4PCS 5-3/4" 5.75" Inch Projector LED Headlights Sealed Beam Halo Ring Lamp Bulbs | eBay

Niligh 5pcs Waterproof 40/30 AMP 12 AWG Tinned Copper Wires Relay & Harness Set​

Niligh 5pcs Waterproof 40/30 AMP 12 AWG Tinned Copper Wires Relay & Harness Set 812227032197 | eBay

US Location H4 Headlamp Light Bulb Ceramic Socket Plug Relay Wiring Harness Kit​

US Location H4 Headlamp Light Bulb Ceramic Socket Plug Relay Wiring Harness Kit | eBay

Accele BU-509TD 30 Amp Programmable Time Delay Relay with adjustable Timing Off​

Accele BU-509TD 30 Amp Programmable Time Delay Relay with adjustable Timing Off | eBay

Relay-Revised.PNG

Auto Transport Service
Back