• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy and rear springs

steve from staten island

Local time
6:32 AM
Reaction score
i had my car flatbed'd home to my garage today from my daughters house which was 100 miles away. I redid my garage last year mostly myself,putting in a new foundation and making it one level. Its still a one car garage but i can shut the door and still have ample room to work in front or back of car,its tight but doable. The space on either side is also tight but workable. The garage has a AC unit in the wall,as well as heat,three double hung windows bring in natural light and i have compressed air lines on the wall with the compressor outside. Needless to say I'm happy. It was my wife idea to bring the car home to get more time to work on it. She told me while she is recovering from her soon surgery this Tuesday,i should go outside to fool around with the car when she was resting or didn't need me. It was a unselfish thought and i appreciate it.
The car once i had wheels on it,i could see it was sitting low and the rear springs are fatigued. Were is the best place to buy rear leaf springs and what would be recommended... Thanks to all

Steve, that all depends on what your looking for and willing to spend. I ended up buying from Eaton Springs out of Deteoit after doing quite a bit of research. There are a # of companies out there but I've heard a lot of people complaining about springs going flat. My car is a warmed up 383 which has a spring load rating of 113. To me that seemed to light. I went with a 440 LD spring which is rated at 130but there is th 440 HD spring which is rated at 175. Super Stockers I believe are rated at 200. Good luck!

Mopar Performance use to carry stock replacements but probably not an option any more.

Thanks Tex! I don't want the car to ride like a dump truck LOL. But the way its sitting now its to low,so id like at least stock height or one inch over stock height. I did research Eaton also and they look good. I haven't fooled with leaf springs in years other then helping the mechanic were i work install them on large trucks or should i say wrestle them into position. I had the front leafs on my plow truck re-arced but they never lasted long. A few times i rebuilt the rears using leafs from other trucks but that was when my body could handle the ride LOL.....Thanks

PST w/10% discount. Personally I like SS springs, raises the rear an inch or so. I don't think they effect the ride very much. Summit racing has a decent selection. Free shipping!

I got my springs a few weeks ago from Summit for $110 ea. Part numbers:
DCC-4452982 for the right spring
DCC-4452983 for the left spring
DCC-4452987 for the bushing kit $18
these are "440" springs

Auto Transport Service
Back