• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Harbor Freight Jack Stands Recalled !

I bought a set of the gray Pittsburgh stands last December. After using them a couple times I decided I didn’t trust them, and haven’t used them since January.. The recall just confirms my decision, that I made in January, to switch to US Jack.

I’ve suffered enough while working on my B Body, so I really don’t want its heavy *** crushing me while I’m under it.

I actually did use the horror freight stands after January, come to think of it.. to support the rear end of my torsion bars when slid back. I was pretty confident they were at least good to support part of the weight of a single torsion bar haha.

Northern tool six tons came in today. Double lock, set height, then a pin goes in to double lock. They actually have a bolt that can be tightened against the ram as a third holding device, but that needs to be redone stronger.
Made in Indiana.

Oh wait, no....... India lol.

20200623_100619.jpg 20200623_100635.jpg

New failure mode...not mentioned in recall??

12229.jpeg

Think I bought these at sears 25 years ago? 3 ton 6 ton Probably $60 a pair.

JS2.jpg JS3.jpg JS2.jpg

Ain't buying it. If that was a legit failure, why isn't that stand collapsed?
I smell lawyer and lawsuit. It stinks. I wanna be on the jury.

Beats me. Maybe he stopped lowering the floor jack when he heard the weld pop as the load transferred from the floor jack to the jack stand? Pure conjecture/speculation on my part.

Auto Transport Service
Back