• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone gotten a $1,200.00 check yet?

Some years ago the govt had for many years indicated my bday as one year older than what I was. I always had to put in the fake bday until I finally went to the ss office to have it changed. If I didn’t put in the fake bday the system would toss me. Was never sure how that started.

The IRS did that to us while they were processing our return. Locked out till we got the deposit.
The thing is that when I finally started getting to the point where instead of getting the "no data available" answer, and instead get the "yes we have money for you, but we need your bank acct# and routing#" answer, and I enter the data straight from the form and get :nutkick:

Relax,
Trump sent your stimulus money directly towards the “Wall”. He knows your such a self proclaimed Patriot and Constitutionalist. And you both agree, the Coronavirus is a HOAX, so the money would be better spent on the wall.
I donated my stimulus to the building of the wall.

A hoax? No, but it is the biggest worldwide overreaction in human history. You will see it soon, bankruptcy courts will be backed up for a very long time. That's just the beginning.

Got our $2400 couple weeks ago
Got a letter from our President yesterday, thought at first I was getting audited.

$2,400 hit the mail box this am :usflag:

Not a dayam thing.....last time checking it said that my 2019 tax return probably hasn't been processed yet. Dang it. By the time I get it, meat prices will have doubled lol

Not a dayam thing.....last time checking it said that my 2019 tax return probably hasn't been processed yet. Dang it. By the time I get it, meat prices will have doubled lol
What are you paying for a good ribeye down there? I bought 2 yesterday at the butcher for$12.97 per lb

What are you paying for a good ribeye down there? I bought 2 yesterday at the butcher for$12.97 per lb
Didn't even think to look when at the store the other day but HEB's website says 16.47 and Kroger says unavailable. May have to check the local butcher shop soon....

Got a letter from our President yesterday, thought at first I was getting audited.

I got that too - was very surprised... Opened it up saw "The White House" and I immediately thought "Oh ****... what did I do now?" - I had been there several times for work and was thinking maybe they caught me on CCTV doing something I shouldn't have been... Kinda sad that's what my mind immediately jumps to.

I received the WH letter two weeks after the direct deposit. Kind of the way the system works isn't it. Not complaining though, it really helped out.

So I had posted that my wife and I who file a joint return, married, and that going to the IRS "get my payment" site said that we had a "stimulus payment" coming (but had no idea how much), but since we always get a check from the IRS when we get a refund for federal taxes, I had to enter bank info to get a direct deposit, and no matter how many times I tried, even entering the information directly from the last refund check (2018, haven't filed 2019 yet) the site said that the information that I had entered didn't match their records, and you only get 3 tries per day and then you get locked out and have to wait 24 hours...
So I quit trying. May 15th was the last day to enter bank info.
Today we got a prepaid card from the IRS.
We got the full amount for 2 people!
We just bought new mattresses for our 12 year old bed, so I'm going to transfer the card money to the joint bank account and pay against the credit card charge for the mattresses.
I guess that will be a rare instance when hearing from the IRS actually promotes a good night's sleep!
:bananadance:

Got mine today finally in the form of a debit card and it was only for 413 bucks. I guess they used my 2018 tax return when I had a fairly large distribution due to my divorce. The .gov site says I can get it when I file my 2020 tax return.....geez. Glad I didn't spend it before getting it lol

I just received a tax relief deposit to for $1,200. Was not expecting that being we live "abroad". Wife and I draw social security.

Nope I'm sure mine went to a sports team that needed more than I do.

Auto Transport Service
Back