• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Fender Tag decode question. Need Help!

Local time
6:29 PM
Reaction score
I have a '73 Roadrunner and my question is:
Would the stripe option & color code be on the fender tag in 1973, or was it on the broadcast sheet only? I know that for 1974 (Roadrunner) the stripe option and color was designated on the fender tag because Ive personally seen it. Ive decoded my 73's fender tag and there is no mention of stripe type/ color and Im wondering if it was built without stripes. Also, if anyone knows if 1973 roadrunner stripes were applied at the factory, dealership or both, Id love to know. Also would like to know if anyone has the fender tag codes for the stripe options that year too. I know some of you guys are extremely knowledgeable about fender tag/ broadcast sheets! Thanks!

Yes it should be listed on data tag, that being said it should also list stripe delete if so equiped.

Was your car built at the lynch road plant?

It was built in Windsor Canada.

- - - Updated - - -

There doesn't seem to be any codes about stripes/ stripe delete. What would this mean?

- - - Updated - - -

There doesn't seem to be any codes about stripes/ stripe delete at all. I guess this means it would have been built without stripes?

maybe post up a clear pic of the fender tag

Yes I'll post a pic of the tag tomorrow. Thanks all.

Attachments

• 20150728_171101_1438138790685.jpg
    20150728_171101_1438138790685.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 110
Auto Transport Service
Back