• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

having trouble gettig my motor to run any sudgestions?

dink

Local time
12:40 AM
Reaction score
:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire: trying not to loose it....

Hmmm, what...the starter motor won't spin? Heater motor? Windshield washer pump motor? Don't leave us hanging here!

well you nailed it.... all of the above.... the motor is a 440 out of a motor home and the viechle is a 76 sportsman van don't know where to start but it some times turns ove and sometimes it doesn't just smells like burnt wires

you could look for a loose wire, from the battery to the starter.

First of all....
Chill.
Remember: Everything can be fixed.
Turn this: :angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

Into this: :love10::love10::love10:

Approach all difficult issues in a positive manner

Good luck...super-bee_ski

Well I feel better after I've had a chance to recover from nearly burning my face off from dumping too much gas down the motor. .. But this %#^*€##'n thing is running now. Smokes like a pile of wet leaves but I have a 5 gallon bucket of 10 w40 .... I stripped a few lamps of its cords to get some of the wires replaced

Repeat after me...

Fuel, Fire and Air. That's the only things the engine needs to run. Start figuring out which you're motor isn't getting. Got juice at the + wire on the coil? Got juice at the coil plug wire? Got juice at the spark plug wire at the spark plug end? Carb supplying fuel? Point/condensor? Electronic ignition?

Give us some specific problems and we'll get you running in no time.

You're no help now and just irritateing.. Got the motor running and now it smokes bad but it's got problems on the down shift

You're no help now and just irritateing.. Got the motor running and now it smokes bad but it's got problems on the down shift

Was that directed at me? If so, please be aware that when I started typing my reply yours hadn't posted to the page. Look at the time. See how much help you get in the future....

Probably doesn't need the help of a bunch of degenerate shut ins who haven't turned wrenches in 40 years ...

- - - Updated - - -

Probably needs new muffler bearings.....?
I'm not above hitting an old man in a weelchair

well you nailed it.... all of the above.... the motor is a 440 out of a motor home and the viechle is a 76 sportsman van don't know where to start but it some times turns ove and sometimes it doesn't just smells like burnt wires
I see your problem. You posted a '76 Van in the 66-70 b-body section. While technically built on the b-body platform, some of the wires are different.

Hey Dink!

I think you misspelled your Forum name...

It should be DICK

Your starting out a little too abrasive.
My opinion, and I do not care one way or the other if you consider it or not...is to Chill out.

We are only trying to help you.

Well I feel better after I've had a chance to recover from nearly burning my face off from dumping too much gas down the motor. .. But this %#^*€##'n thing is running now. Smokes like a pile of wet leaves but I have a 5 gallon bucket of 10 w40 .... I stripped a few lamps of its cords to get some of the wires replaced

Bigal75!
Way too funny!

Lamp wires...!

LOL

:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

Is that why all the lamps at Walmart were missing their cords?

Is this a Tesla car?

Auto Transport Service
Back