• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hawk-Rod: The Restoration

WOW . . . that is so cool hsorman . . . I'm trying to get the last of my metal work done so I can get the thing into paint and be where you are now . . . you've got to be like a kid in a candy store with all the excitement of having your car going back together ! ! I'm anxiously awaiting the time when I'll be doing exactly what you're doing now ! !

Enjoy it - and keep us posted . . . looking GREAT ! ! !

Santa Mark arrived!

We busted a$$ all day and the pictures below show what we ended up with. We spent A LOT OF TIME messing with all the body lines and gaps. You definitely can't just throw these front ends on the car. An adjustment in one place creates changes in another, so you have to go through an iterative process to get them all right. But now the body lines and gaps look great. We might tweak one or two as we finish other items, but at this point it is splitting hairs.

It is really starting to look like a car! :grin:

Also, thanks to Mark who gave up his Saturday to come work on my car. Mark, please apologize to your wife since I made you late this evening!

IMG_3487.jpg

IMG_3494.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3498.jpg

IMG_3503.jpg

Oh yeah: My 90* fitting also arrived, and I messed with the return fuel line a little bit. The line still needs to be cleaned up a bit, but it looks like it will work OK. Here is what it looks like at this point:
IMG_3488.jpg

It is really starting to look like a car! :grin:

No . . . it's not . . . it's looking like a masterpiece and one incredible looking car ! ! ( there's no way it's just "a car" ) . . . Great job - WOW ! ! !

I bet it is fun with the " Reassembly" I do love building but towards the end of a build, it is the final fun of building! With my project now it was left for dead, my big kick is making sure it wont get to dead lol, gathering parts is fun and ive been able to get things here and there but to be honest, it would be cool to be where you are!!! I would love to own another 70, and im not giving up on getting one.. You are doing a great job bud and im sure your going to have a lot of fun in that beauty... A 70 RR is how my wife learned to drive a 4-speed, It's her favorite b -body and i wonder if that's not the real reason but when i think about it, who could not like the looks of a 70 Road runner! She seems to like yours as well as i do! Keep going bud, you'll have that ready when spring fever gets here.:)

had a great time today, Hawk........ it didn't seem like work at all........ I'll be available most any time to help you meet your deadline........I'm totally pumped, and it's not even my car; can't imagine you will be able to sleep tonight

here are a couple i took.......... BTW, thanks for lunch!..... Mark

front4_zps253ee039.jpg

front1_zpsbcb5273b.jpg

front2_zps64a51694.jpg

front3_zpsd2f5fcb2.jpg

That F'er looks great. I can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. :icon_pray:

I get inspiration from all of you, and I hope I can give some back too! Yes, I am totally pumped to see all this come together. Mind you, there is still a long way to go, 'cause there are a lot of friggin' parts on a car! But it is cool to see some real progress!

Mark brought up some other painted parts like taillights, side markers, quarter panel extensions, etc. I figure the safest place for those are on the car - so I will install those next. Then I will work on installing the Dyanamat. When that's all done, I will work to finish all under hood parts and components. It is probably best to finish all that BEFORE I bolt the engine/K-member back in.

Hawk

Dang Hawk........that car is looking damn good! Got to be one of the very best car/year/color combo's right there. Mopar muscle poster child!. You and eldubb keep up the good work.

Wow, what an awesome car. It's gonna be killer when it's done. Looks like you are doing some great work.

Exceptional work guys. I cant' believe how quickly you're putting things together. You're showing me up big time.

Dang Hawk........that car is looking damn good! Got to be one of the very best car/year/color combo's right there. Mopar muscle poster child!. You and eldubb keep up the good work.

Thanks Prop. A couple of years ago, I would never have thought that I would have wanted a Limelight car. But, this car was originally Limelight, so I figured "why not"? It is a color I say is so awful it's awesome! It has really been growing on me, especially when you start to see some of the contrast with the black hood stripe.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, what an awesome car. It's gonna be killer when it's done. Looks like you are doing some great work.

Thanks! Originally, this was just going to be driver quality, but it has gotten a bit out of hand. I will have to take a couple of shortcuts with some pieces in order to get the car back together, but I can always come back to them later. Getting the body right is critical, because that really is not easy to re-do later without tearing down the whole car.

- - - Updated - - -

Exceptional work guys. I cant' believe how quickly you're putting things together. You're showing me up big time.

Showing you up?!?! I doubt it. As a matter of fact, your car and build are a key motivator and reference for me. YOU SIR, are doing exceptional work - I am just trying to be a copycat! :icon_salut:

Hawk....... I stole something you said last night and created a new signature...... hope you dont mind :icon_pray:

Hawk....... I stole something you said last night and created a new signature...... hope you dont mind :icon_pray:

your last sig was better.. lol
its coming along really nice..

I can just walk out in the garage to check it out - glad you want it on your signature!

Great looking car man. Really nice and I like the color too. Can I have it?

First class! Cant wait too se the finished product. Did you have any paint marring issues when installing the fender bolts?

First class! Cant wait too se the finished product. Did you have any paint marring issues when installing the fender bolts?

some of the bolt heads will need minor touchup.......... the factory obviously painted everything assembled

Auto Transport Service
Back